Brew Videos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
I've seen a few brewers are posting some videos about their gear. I know personally I enjoy looking at other peoples gear (home brew gear!) to get ideas that I could use in mine.

So I though we could post links to all our videos, so here are mine

They are only recorded on my phone, and no editing, so sorry about the quality

My mill in action

NASAs in action

My 3V system overview (sorry about all the crap thats been pulled out in the background)

Start of ramping up the temp using the new HERMIT, normally I will run the RIMS and HERMIT together, but this was for a test.

End of the ramping up time

Hope your still awake by now...

Another brew showing a bit of recirc happening.

General boil of my old system using the 100L BIAB setup.

Hope you enjoyed them

PLEASE POST YOUR VIDEOS here

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool, I've been wanting to see the HERMIT in action.

:beer:

Awesome vids kev. I too have just upgraded from biab to a 3v herms system using a hermit hx so your videos gave me some good ideas.

How did you connect your hoses to the coil in the hx? I can see you've used brass garden hose click on connectors for your hose but couldn't see what's actually connected to the top of the coil.

Thanks for sharing.

Awesome vids kev. I too have just upgraded from biab to a 3v herms system using a hermit hx so your videos gave me some good ideas.

How did you connect your hoses to the coil in the hx? I can see you've used brass garden hose click on connectors for your hose but couldn't see what's actually connected to the top of the coil.

Thanks for sharing.

Currently one side is using the 12mm JG fitting into 1/2 BSP from a caravan shop,
The other side did not want to grab, so it has just a bit of silicone hose slipped over it and then a barb into 1/2" BSP fitting.
I've got some s/s compression fittings that I need to get into town to pickup to replace it long term. In the HERMIT thread there was a pic using 2 o-rings to seal it to the 12mm pipe.

Any more brew videos anyone?

this is my mashmaster mini and ozito drill set up

normally i set the drill on the right setting, lock the drill on and turn off the power point then load the hopper and just switch it on the power point and away it goes
then i might go up or down a click just depending on whats in the hopper and how it's running

(click for video?)

QldKev, what kind of probes are you using on the stc-1000's ?

Since we are on a video thread...

How to mount the stc-1000 probe into a BSP fitting
sorry about the sound quality, not sure why is goes quite and then loud all the time.

this is my mashmaster mini and ozito drill set up

normally i set the drill on the right setting, lock the drill on and turn off the power point then load the hopper and just switch it on the power point and away it goes
then i might go up or down a click just depending on whats in the hopper and how it's running

(click for video?)

That drill works a lot better than the old drill I used to use, and being able to lock it on makes life easier.

QldKev

Since we are on a video thread...

How to mount the stc-1000 probe into a BSP fitting
sorry about the sound quality, not sure why is goes quite and then loud all the time.

Thanks for the video instructions Kev. :beer:

So the STC probes are water proof? Anyone had one die by immersing it?

Always drop mine in the fermenter to control ferment temp, probably been a year of being submerged continually. Not sure if having it at mash temps would make any difference though.cheers
Sean

my BIAB setup
Italian spiral on standard BBQ reg
immersion heater to get to boil fast (2300w and spiral to get to boil)

hermit pump system being constructed :)

click for vid

my BIAB setup
Italian spiral on standard BBQ reg
immersion heater to get to boil fast (2300w and spiral to get to boil)

hermit pump system being constructed :)

Is that two kegs welded together?

Always drop mine in the fermenter to control ferment temp, probably been a year of being submerged continually. Not sure if having it at mash temps would make any difference though.cheers
Sean

I've used one in my BIAB system for about a year, and now I'm using them in the HLT, RIMS and HERMS outlets; no issues with up to mash out temps. I've never tried it into the boil.

QldKev

I always assumed those one weren't ? So I just stick it to the outside of my fermenter.

I've had mine in the mash plenty of times and left it in up to boil temp before when I forgot to check the temp while warming up my strike water, and it's still going strong.

Some great videos here gents.
Its good to see fellow brewers setups in action, you learn what works and what doesn't.

Heres a video clip I have of a sort of RIMS setup I did using my urn to control the heat of the wort. I managed to brew a 10 min IPA through it but have since gone to a 3V herms system which Im still setting up. It shows the workings of the Hermit Pumps that Gryphon brewing sell.

Rims setup with hermit pump.

Back