Brew Videos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
something i have been playing with for my 3V type herms setup (currently testing prototype)

getting about 5L a min in recirculation but might improve with shorter lines and remove a little restriction here and there

considering drilling a 20L stock pot and attaching to spear for a malt pipe Braumiser style

upside down keggle
coupler attached to spear
gas in is the liquid out
beer out is the liquid in up the spear
hermit pump
dodgy copper coil kettle HX (yet to test) 3M of coil
$2 shop colander false bottom

<<snip>>

getting about 5L a min in recirculation but might improve with shorter lines and remove a little restriction here and there

<<snip>>

The HERMIT pump is rated to 8L/min, I think 5L/min is an excellent flow.

QldKev

G'day Gents, Hope your all enjoying your day off.

Well I finally got my new 3V herms setup today. Muscovy came over earlier and sampled some beer, but also offered some good advice on the setup.

So with that I set it all up for a wet test run.

Here's a video clip. Comments, suggestions, criticisms, welcome.

3V Herms

G'day Gents, Hope your all enjoying your day off.

Well I finally got my new 3V herms setup today. Muscovy came over earlier and sampled some beer, but also offered some good advice on the setup.

So with that I set it all up for a wet test run.

Here's a video clip. Comments, suggestions, criticisms, welcome.

3V Herms

Nice setup, but where's Truie??

Screwy

this is my mashmaster mini and ozito drill set up

normally i set the drill on the right setting, lock the drill on and turn off the power point then load the hopper and just switch it on the power point and away it goes
then i might go up or down a click just depending on whats in the hopper and how it's running

(click for video?)

Here's a distant relative !

2012_04_24_09.53.41.jpg

mines been sitting in a bottle of water for 18months and still going so at a guess yes they are waterproof

Back