Brew Sculpture

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another train of thought for you fish.those mega large hardware places like bunnings,mitre 10 etc sell good solid easily joined together shelf framing.like a giant mecanno set.all legs and shelving.

this may be the way to go for welding challenged brewers

cheers
big d

That was the old system at grain and grape. Now they have a HERMS. And its not on the brick wall anymore.

sam said:
That was the old system at grain and grape. Now they have a HERMS. And its not on the brick wall anymore.
[post="55473"][/post]​

I remember looking at that old system on the wall about 7 years ago and being in awe. :)

I saw the HERMS and I'm even more in awe. :super:

Warren -

My new sculpture (19" computer rack) got its first run today.
For the first brew on it things went pretty well.
Will have to make a few adjustments before the next brew day (shorten the shaft on the MLT to limit the overhang into the boiler, mount the CFWC and airpump, figure out a better way of getting the grain into the MLT at dough in).
Brewed another 40 litre batch and did the calcs for the recipe with the higher efficiency I got on the last 40 litre batch. Still exceeded my OG but by only 2 points this time (last time was by about 10).
So another successful brewday, and even with a few things to iron out, it has been much easier physically.

If you can get your hands on a 19" computer rack and you use equip similar to mine, it can be done and it is all good :p

Beers,
Doc

Latest posts

Back