Brew Frame

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you open your eyes before typing you might notice a bit of galmet or the like already there.

Borret ....out.

Open my eyes? Just looking through a computer screen! Only offering advice on what I see.
cheers Darren :beer:

had a quick look through marks W/shop on friday. I wish i had a shed like that (insert that drooling face)

He certanly has a good setup.

he lets you sniff all the hops too :)

i like his shop :)

cheers

Darren said:
Open my eyes? Just looking through a computer screen! Only offering advice on what I see.
[post="86948"][/post]​

Hi Darren.

Its much harder to play the Sunday night "Collect all the threads" game these days with so many users active. I'll give you hand, you do the top half and I'll do the bottom.

Guest Lurker said:
Darren said:
[post="86948"][/post]​

Hi Darren.

Its much harder to play the Sunday night "Collect all the threads" game these days with so many users active. I'll give you hand, you do the top half and I'll do the bottom.
[post="86956"][/post]​

:lol:

AMEN.

You've got to keep your rantings....., I mean ratings up somehow.

:ph34r:

Darren, when I build things for my friends I dont endanger their children, I weigh over 0.11 of a ton and can stand on any of the platforms in any position and at any hight.

The whole thing was made out of galvanised 2.6mm section and designed to fit a particular set of requirements, first among them was safety, if you knew Gough you could be assured he wouldnt take the slightest chance with his family.

I am glad you have opinions, but try to keep them reality based, ok

MHB

Pictures of my stand.

As thieved by Slugger :p upon me thieving from Justin. Nothing like the sobering thought of the HLT above one's head. Gives you something to look up to whilst brewing. ;) Why let Shawn be the only dangerman on the forum. :lol:

Warren -

DSC00573.JPG

DSC00586.JPG

Hey guys, cool down! I am only thinking of a pump. It would REALLY lower the hot water.
Could ALL be at waist height with a pump.
No ladders/steps either!
anyhow

Sorry Darren
I often over react to idiots who suggest that Im a complete incompetent who doesnt know how to do my job. I hadnt realised we were talking about pumped systems, yes of course you are right, a pumped system would be much less vertical. How stupid of me not to realise that from the beginning.

I am so glad that at least one of us has such a firm grip on himself.

Heres another one for the flamers....

Its about to undergo a Herms rebuild

Picture_011.jpg

Darren said:
Hey guys, cool down! I am only thinking of a pump. It would REALLY lower the hot water.
No ladders/steps either!
anyhow
[post="86981"][/post]​

Also no brewday if your pump decides to take a dive or the power goes out. That would always have to be considered. :unsure: Pumps are certainly a neater and probably more efficient option. That said a properly secured brewstand is more than adequate in a 3-tier situation.

I must admit if mine were untethered being Dexion I'd be really leery about it. I've got it loxson bolted to the floor and wall. I'm now able to stand on it and hang from it with my hefty gorilla-like 75kgs. :lol:

Warren -

THere's no need for a gravity vs pump debate here really. Both systems are good and both work well. Aspro's original post asked for options regarding "3 tier gravity setups" which is why I posted a couple of pics of mine. As has been canvassed here there are dozens of options and pumps are one of them. Not the option we all decide to choose however...

Shawn.

warrenlw63 said:
Darren said:
No ladders/steps either!
anyhow
[post="86981"][/post]​

Also no brewday if your pump decides to take a dive or the power goes out. That would always have to be considered. :unsure: Pumps are certainly a neater and probably more efficient option. That said a properly secured brewstand is more than adequate in a 3-tier situation.

I must admit if mine were untethered being Dexion I'd be really leery about it. I've got it loxson bolted to the floor and wall. I'm now able to stand on it and hang from it with my hefty gorilla-like 75kgs. :lol:

Warren -
[post="87037"][/post]​

I can use my rig by gravity and also with a pump it is two tier. Doesn't look as high as the one against the wall.

C'mon Darren.

We showed you ours. Now show us yours. :lol:

Pics please. ;)

BTW: HLT on mine is about 180cm from the ground. However I never need to physically look in the HLT. I fill via the ball-valve. I have a copper line plumbed to the top and just join up via an inline carbon filter and a "Happy Hooker". Water can be stopped via a gate-valve on the frame. I just watch the volume via the sight-glass. Works fine. I can also crack the valve overhead without standing on anything. :beerbang:

Warren -

No need to stand on anything to use mine either...

Shawn.

Some pics showing how I fill the HLT.

Easy as and gets filtered too. :beerbang:

Warren -

DSC00187.JPG

DSC00188.JPG

MHB said:
Darren, when I build things for my friends I dont endanger their children, I weigh over 0.11 of a ton and can stand on any of the platforms in any position and at any hight.

MHB
[post="86958"][/post]​

I would like to have seen you on the top platform :D

I'd have to lie on my stomach to get on my top tier. :lol:

Devo. Mate, you must be brave having those top two tiers mounted into bricks. :eek: How was it done. I'd be worried about the downward forces against the bricks. :unsure:

Warren -

Latest posts

Back