Brew Days

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mossyrocks

Reaction score
I am unaware this has been asked before and is more a question for the Brisbane brewers but does anyone indicate when they are brewing?

I ask the question to obtain some feedback, so possibly brewers just staring out in AG brewing (or partial or K&K for that matter) or thinking of starting out could possibly be invited along to observe and learn the processes that take place first hand.

Personally, I would very much appreciate the opportunity to attend as many AG brewing demonstrations as necessary to get myself up to speed.

If brewers would be happy for this to take place, would it be appropriate to setup a register or calendar to advise of future brew days at people's homes who would be prepared to accept "strangers" observing what takes place?

I know events already take place like case swaps, brew luncheons etc. but this is all after the fact.

If this is not out of place what would be the protocol if you were invited to a brewing demonstration ie. what would you be expected to contribute workwise, what beer would you bring along (or would this be something you would arrange with the person who has invited you along)?

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Our club Babbs (see our details in the club section), in Brisbane has over 40 members many of who mash. I would suggest popping along as a guest to one of our meetings & having a chat. After meeting face to face I am sure you will be welcomed along to some brewdays, (assuming you haven't been released from a mental institution in the last couple of weeks, not that there is anything wrong with that! :p .

Alternatively someone from the AHB community may be able to help you out.

Paul,

Thanks for this.

Your next meeting will be the 24th January?

Chris

Back