Brew Cellar American Ale Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK without offending anybody The Brew Cellar range of yeasts are absolute crap.

Avoid them at all costs. Poorly re-packaged, poor viability & vitality.

Don't just complain to your HBS, send a pack to the guys at Fermentis & see what reaction you get!

Cheers
Gerard

Definitely seems like there are some issues with viability and sanitation, although I have used their lager yeast on occasion without any problem.

Definitely seems like there are some issues with viability and sanitation, although I have used their lager yeast on occasion without any problem.

Good post blackbock,
I posed the questions some time ago whats in brewcellar yeasts? and are they any good?. Reply was good, most said they were the Fermentis range but then I had a few brews seem to get stuck or at least stall mid ferment (at about 1.020). They are usually 15gms I think, nearly 3 x kit supply volume so why the problem? Fermentis has a good rep. I havent had any probs with sanitation but robust viability with brewcellar was questionable for me so now use mostly Fermentis or cultivate.Will be interesting to see feedback. :icon_cheers:
Daz

Back