Braumeister Sold

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
I was surprised to see in Yambor44's latest Youtube video that he has sold his 50L Braumeister.

He says he is downsizing to the 20L unit, though I will have to find out why he didnt just get the smaller malt pipe.

I watched his vids and from what I can gather, he was planning on variety over quantity. so it was a waste. Easier to clean, smaller foot print. It is the same reason I decided on the 20L

I watched his vids and from what I can gather, he was planning on variety over quantity. so it was a waste. Easier to clean, smaller foot print. It is the same reason I decided on the 20L

I havent tried to clean a 50L Braumeister, but would have thought it would not be that much more difficult than the 20L when it is empty?

Variety & more frequent brews is fair enough, but with the smaller malt pipe, you can do this. Just gives you the ability to upscale should you need to.

Feedback invited from those that own these, and whether you would go with the same size BM if you had the benefit of hindsight.

Thought I would possibly upgrade mine in a few years time, but having seen a 50L first hand on the weekend I have to admit they are a bit of an awkward size to lift and tip over for cleaning.

Mind you, from memory Davewaldo had build a pretty cool stand that also allowed for the unit to be tipped over for cleaning, so that might be an option.

EDIT: here's the link. Scroll down for the tipping action.

Very happy with my 20L as i have arms like twigs!

..also, 50L of the same beer is simply too much for me.

No regrets

50L for me, (& also have the smaller malt pipe, which never gets used anymore...)

I got the 50L and if I had the choice to change it I wouldn't. I take about 7hrs (give or take an hr depending on mash schedule) from milling grain to packing it all away and have 50L in fermenter. How long does it take to brew 20L in the 20? I have now made a pulley system for my malt pipe but it hasn't been a big deal without it.
I picked up a few 50L kegs so it works out perfect for me with 1 batch or I just no-chill in cubes if I want to brew more often.
:icon_cheers:

Still takes the same time with the 20L! Variety is the spice of life though, I can brew once a week, something different each time with a $1000 more in my pocket and on a slightly more manageable system.

Not bagging the 50L jobby, just doesn't suit me.

dont suppose anyone knows the price on the 200l version?

I heard more like $11k, anyone else?

11.781,00 EUR incl. 19 % Tax plus shipping costs. That's in Germany.

So that's about 16K in AU$ minus German tax plus shipping plus Aussie customs and import duty.

At least two of the sponsors above plus a few others would be able to order you one in.

Back