Bottling & Kegging (partypiging?)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icarussound

Reaction score
Hello all! Thanks for those of you who have already answered my novice questions. I am about get my fermented beer into bottles and a party pig keg. This is my first batch. Coopers instructions say I can rinse the bottles with boiled water rather than sanitize them since I have not used them before.

1. What do you think - should I sanitize or rinse the bottles with boiled water per the instructions?

2. I am putting 1/2 this batch into a party pig keg which is also new - should I sanitize this container also or rinse?

I have a bottling attachment in this Coopers kit for easy bottle filling - new and unused like the rest of my gear

3. Should I sanitize this?

The spout the beer comes out of...

4. can I pour the beer from this spigot or use the bottle attachment to fill the party pig?

I know these are perhaps really basic if not stupid questions but I am brand new at this and really want to make sure this batch works!!

TIA - Oh & I'll have more questions I think...!

Steve

always best to sanitize everything that will come in contact with the beer, best to be safe than sorry. most people use a no rinse sanitizer called starsan, im pretty sure your coopers kit came with a sanitizer so use it. sanitize everything, the caps, bottles, bottling wand, tap and your keg. sanitizer is cheap so dont be shy!

as for filling your keg, buy some vinyl tubing from bunnings so that it can reach from your tap to the bottom of your keg, you dont want to splash your beer and add oxygen which could introduce an infection, you want to get the beer in the keg in a gentle fashion.

good luck (which you wont need) and welcome to the forum.

ps sanitize the tubing! and buy yourself a spray bottle to put the sanitizer in makes the job very easy.

Back