• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPLIT

Reaction score
Hi guys im wondering if someone would have some crown seal bottles they are looking to off load im after clear bottles if possible but beggers cant be choosers, i just dont want to use plastic bottles.

Im in the brisbane area.

I don't have any, but make sure to check ebay as they pop up a fair bit on there. Don't be afriad of screw-tops either, they'll keep the brew just as well, provided you have a proper bench capper (which is fairly essential for any bottles). I've got the majority of mine from the recycling depot on a saturday or sunday morning. If worse comes to worse, buy a case every now and then and ask mates to save their empties for you.

Good luck, and welcome to the forums! - boingk

PS: Clear bottles may let your beer become UV damaged, giving the beer a nasty taste and smell. I try and stick with brown or green.

Thanks mate, i though screw tops where no good. that makes it alot easier.

I have got at least 6 doz I wouldn't mind selling. They are the old brisbane exchange crown seal bottles and have the 2 doz bottle trays $5/doz pm if interested.

twist tops are ok, but dont last as long, be careful of the thread splintering. i use a mix of both at the moment especially if im planning on giving some away to friends(dont have to worry about getting them back). keep collecting and in no time you will have enough. aim for brown bottles, no uv problems. next step kegs!

cheers cozmo

Hi Split,

If you fill in your 'location' people might be able to give you some area-specific tips.

Latest posts

Back