Bottle sizes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy way to collect bottles is find a local craft beer bar or any bar that sells craft beer and asks if you can collect empty bottles. I collected hundreds that way last year. Reason for asking craft beer bars is because that way you're most likely guaranteed mostly brown bottles with pop tops which are generally to bottle imo. Just soak them in a oxygen based soap solution to remove the labels and old beer etc, double rinse and then store them away for future sanitising and bottling.

If you are going to buy bottle I strongly reccommend the grolsch style flip top bottles. I rarely bottle but recently had some flip tops donated to me...SO much easier than capping!

Moad said:
If you are going to buy bottle I strongly reccommend the grolsch style flip top bottles. I rarely bottle but recently had some flip tops donated to me...SO much easier than capping!
They are very expensive to buy.

NewtownClown said:
Wait, you are drinking craft beer from the bottle? Not a fan of aroma or flavour?
You have to get your nose in the glass to get the complete experience
No I love it. However it isn't always convenient to decanter at a party.

Moad said:
I love the art behind making it as much as the joy of drinking it. It's not the process I dislike, it's that I want the ease of carrying a bottle around :)

I just take my own beer glass with me to parties, along with my esky in which I stand the bottles upright before tipping ice in over and around them. No different to pouring into the glass at home really.

I tried drinking some of my home brews from the bottle once, they tasted absolutely shithouse compared to pouring into a glass, so ever since I refuse to drink from the bottle.

Latest posts

Back