Bottle Priming

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do you make your own bullets?

I think bulk priming would be easier, one less thing you have to think about on bottling day.

Bulk Priming is the way to go!

I used the carb drops on my first brew and then went for bulk priming on my second.. Hose from fermenter connected to bottling wand and bottling the bottles in the crates is a breeze! just move the wand from one to the other and you are away! Only have to wash an extra fermenter but as the brew hasn't been sitting in it for days a simple wash with napisan and you are done!

it would probaly work but you will have to dial it in as they throw a volume of powder not a weight. and you have to keep it very dry so the sugar doesnt stick in the works.

Or if you don't have a spare fermenter for bulk priming get a Brigalow sugar scoop from Woolies approx $3.00 or from your local hbs.

No I don't make my own bullets and I don't sell cocaine. I'm not sure why but I have been avoiding this bulk priming idea. Perhaps it's
just habit from years ago but, okay, I'll give it a go.

So, 140gm of dextrose for 23l of IPA? Dissolve it in 500ml boiling water and put it in the fermenter then rack the brew into that to mix it and them bottle?

No I don't make my own bullets and I don't sell cocaine. I'm not sure why but I have been avoiding this bulk priming idea. Perhaps it's
just habit from years ago but, okay, I'll give it a go.

So, 140gm of dextrose for 23l of IPA? Dissolve it in 500ml boiling water and put it in the fermenter then rack the brew into that to mix it and them bottle?

There's a priming calculator here, but that should put you in the 2.2 volumes C02 area which is fine.

Back