Bottle Opener On A Ring

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a belt with an opener on it too, and one in my wallet. One on my finger should round the options off nicely.

Kai said:
I have a belt with an opener on it too, and one in my wallet. One on my finger should round the options off nicely.
[post="79379"][/post]​

Hells Bells :blink:

Keeping clear of that one :lol:

Batz

Imagine the looks when you offer to take the top off somebody's bottle with your ring! :p

woo hoo got mine today however the 11 and 13 i bought are (looks, feels and measures) the same size. Making one (size 11) to big...

can these be made smaller at the jewllery shop?

cheers

Sorry to hear that Gout. Was the size 11 labeled correctly?

On mine you can see an obvious mark directly opposite the cutout where the ring has been welded/braised. This would be the obvious spot to use for resizing. Being stainless, I dont know if a regular jeweler could work with it.

Let me know how you go, I might just fire off an email to the supplier as well.

Well, my mailbox sent me running to my fridge when I got home this afternoon. Mine's a little too big too, but that just allows for the fattening of my fingers as I get older and/or drunker.

I've been away for 10 days but back at work tomorrow (which is where I'm getting the rings sent to) so hopefulyl will have them tomorrow :)

I am in melb and got mine today so buddingbrewmaster you should get it tomorrow

I will go to the shops on the weekend and find out if they can mod it. If now i will cut it and ask around for a tig welder.... Last resort i will weld it myself and then smoth it over

lets hope the shop can do it :)

P.S barfridge its not your fault, they were on the correct cards, just they are the same size, maybe they mixed them up, i am sure i can fit it somehow

Got mine yesterday :D but it is also I bit big :(

I didn't have any bottles to open so I capped a few long necks and had a test run...works well, just need to get it resized.

Cheers Barfridge :beer:

Mine arrived in Brisbane yesterday... probably ordered mine one size too large also, which is not ideal. Gave it a test run on a twist top, and found it very poor, but maybe with crown seals, and more practice, it will be less difficult...

dreamboat

Picked mine up at the PO just now

Exellent fit ( measured my finger with a vernier)

Works a treat , happy azz ! :D , thankyou Dreamboat :beerbang:

You need to PM me payment details mate

Cheers
Batz

i got mine today, also 1 size to big, maybe the tape measure method was not the best way to measure....anyway, it does work a treat, im very happy with it

don't thank me Batz.... I am just another buyer in this one.....

dreamboat

I dont know anyone with a tig welder so do you think you could use silver solder on the ring, cut a few mil out, clamp it together and then solder???

Jye said:
I don’t know anyone with a tig welder so do you think you could use silver solder on the ring, cut a few mil out, clamp it together and then solder???
[post="79711"][/post]​

You guy need to measure you fingers better to see what size ring will fit it :blink:

You could silver solder it ok , but you will be left with a mark where it happened

Batz

Sounds like most of us got a ring too big, except for those with calipers on hand.

Yep - I thought there might be some measurement error on my part, so I ordered a Size 10 and a 12, figuring I was bound to be within the 0.079" range. Turns out I'm fair square in the middle; one too big, one too small. :blink:

My brother on the other hand, who works in a pub, fits the Size 12 perfectly, and I've got a mate with his eye on the Size 10, so all's well that ends well!

Mine arrived just in time for long weekend here - thanks for organising Barfridge!

With all these odd sizes, do I sense a ring trade, followed by ANOTHER bulk buy? :p

ant said:
, do I sense a ring trade :p
[post="79723"][/post]​

This thread is getting no better :lol:

Batz

shazzam

Mine fits perfectly and works like a charm. It is a size 13, but the size 12 that I also ordered is too big...

Back