Bottle Conditioning Temperature Control

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just a quick addition to what butter said.......

using the hot plate with the tempmate is a bit temperamental if you set the hot plate too high as the residual heat causes the temp to exceed the high limit and it keeps wanting to knock the fridge on to bring it down so I've had to keep the hotplate low enough so it only just comes on for a few seconds then its own thermostat kicks it out. seems to be working OK at the moment

Probs with a heatpad is, it only heats the beer sitting on it, not the one next to it.

Try it. It heats the air as well in an enclosure. It may not be a great idea to run them without any weight on top, as mine at least warped.

However as we get into July I'm thinking I'll need to apply some warmth during the nights and I'll do the PET trick but with hot water. Not boiling, that would destroy the PETs but say Hot water system temp.

BribieG I've used a small ceramic teapot (~500 ml) filled with boiling water to warm my beer fridge up. i've found that if I refill it with boiling water twice a day, it'll keep the beer 2-3oC warmer than the fermenters I have sitting in the lounge.

I used Aluminium foil before I got a heating pad. You can bend or shape it how you like, even hang it like a curtain with tape. The heat tranfers well.
My 2 cents.
Cheers.

How about attaching a cheap little electric heater to the tempmate or fridgemate. I mean the little ones you see on sale at Bunnings and the like for around $25 this time of year.

How about attaching a cheap little electric heater to the tempmate or fridgemate. I mean the little ones you see on sale at Bunnings and the like for around $25 this time of year.
Have thought of that,but... my concern would be overheating the beer or the $25 jobbie, i dont think they have their own internal thermostat. Heaps of heat in a very short time aint IMO the way to go, better options available.

Latest posts

Back