Bottle Conditioning Brett Saison

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Done a search and can't find any info.

I have a super saison that was fermented with 3711 and had brett added at the end. It is at 1.004 and has been aging for 5 months with brett. There is no activity or pelicle now.

I plan to bottle in champagne bottles to 3+ vols.

My question is should I add fresh yeast (US-05) or would the brett present be enough to carbonate the beer and if so how long do I need to leave it?

Done a search and can't find any info.

I have a super saison that was fermented with 3711 and had brett added at the end. It is at 1.004 and has been aging for 5 months with brett. There is no activity or pelicle now.

I plan to bottle in champagne bottles to 3+ vols.

My question is should I add fresh yeast (US-05) or would the brett present be enough to carbonate the beer and if so how long do I need to leave it?

Not sure how long it's a how long is a piece of string question. But being you can reculture yeast that's 5 months old and considering the small amount of sugar that goes into a bottle I think you wouldn't have any issue with carbonation. Month or two at a guess.

Latest posts

Back