Boags Draught

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l7edwards

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im looking for a boags draught style recipe to fill a keg for xmas. Wondering if anyone has a recipe (kit, extract or partial) because i can't find one anywhere.

Cheers!

I emailed Boags and got a good reply from the brewer.

I reckon if you have some idea of what you are thinking, and then email Boags asking for guidance you will have good results. If I remember when I am next at work I will try and locate the email in my saved items.

Something like pale malt, a bit of crystal and a smidgen of chocolate for colour. Bitter to about 35BU? with some POR late.

But I will endeavour to find the actual email if you don't get around to asking them.

I'd say more like 25ibu and a good portion of sugar in the grist

I received this in May 2005. I don't think there's too much wrong with it being re-transmitted here.

Thankyou for your enquiry via our Website.

Some of the information you require can be derived from our Website, however, I will elaborate a little further.

Boags Draught is double hopped with Pride of Ringwood. One addition is made at the beginning of the boil to impart bitterness and another just prior to castout from the kettle to impart hop aroma. The 1st hop addition is made to achieve a bitterness around 20BU.

The Malt Charge consists of both Pale and Crystal Malts to achieve a colour between 11 and 14EBC.

I hope this information has answered your questions and will also be useful in your home brewing endeavours.

Back