Boags Classic Blonde

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ives_MD

Reaction score
Hey there, just been online at the Boags website, checking the latest news from Australia's best brewery, turns out they have launched their 'Classic Blonde' in Tasmania.

Was hoping any Tasmanian members could let us on the mainland know how it tastes etc

I also know of someone responsible for the labels and packaging of the Classic Blonde, and well basically I am no longer speaking to them. It's pretty bland and boring, hopefully will be revamped before too long.

Anyway look forward to hearing good things about it.

cheers

Oh Dear

Boags Classic Blonde is the low carbohydrate offering from Boags.

Specifically brewed to reduce the carbohydrate content of the beer Boags Classic Blonde offers drinkers a full strength blonde lager at 4.5% alcohol that is less bitter than regular beers. Retaining the signature Boags flavour Classic Blonde has a clean fresh and slightly fruity aroma with a crisp dry finish and pleasant lingering bitterness.

The full flavoured beer is easy to drink and is the perfect accompaniment to spicy and hot foods, as well as seafood.

Currently available in Tasmania in 375mL bottles and on tap at your local pub. It will be available nationally in 375mL bottles in mid October.

Why can't the big boys try to copy Little creatures instead of going for the "blonde" low carb fad? :rolleyes:

Hey there, just been online at the Boags website, checking the latest news from Australia's best brewery, turns out they have launched their 'Classic Blonde' in Tasmania.

Why would the Boags website have news on Australia's best brewery?

Sorry, couldn't resist! :p

Why do they replicate the Blondes instead of the Pale Ales DJR, quite simply because they are likely to sell 10,000's of more cartons.

I'd guess that a clone of colt 45 will be next, followed by a "strong ice" beer if trends in Manila are anything to go by :blink: At the very least San Mig could do an Aussie version of the San Mig Dark with thier Boags investment before they ruin its reputation totally. That St George is bilge as well by the way :angry:

I'd love to see an Aussie Schwarzbier, and an amber lager, but oh well, i can always brew my own.

Innovation in brewing nowadays must just be copying faster than the other competitors <_<

Back