Boab

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SPILLS>>>>>>>>
I bought a Fowlers Kit.(About 20 lt)....Came with more bottles all sizes that one could ever use...
Gave the bottles away...Still got the unit...$10.00...
PJ

SPILLS>>>>>>>>
I bought a Fowlers Kit.(About 20 lt)....Came with more bottles all sizes that one could ever use...
Gave the bottles away...Still got the unit...$10.00...
PJ

I've got about 90 Coopers PET bottles that I bought in one way or another, and a few dozen swing-top bottles that I have bought beer in, but the majority of my brewing goes into normal soft drink PET bottles that I have asked my friends (both of them) and family to collect. Others I've spoken with cultivate relationships with reception rooms to take away their glass bottles.

I've spent some money on bottles because I have always wanted to avoid the crown seal, but it seems you can probably do bottling for nearly nix if you do it right.

[quote name=

The real moral of this story is to always check with relatives, friends, neighbours, etc.

People often have stuff. :D
[/quote]

I find I am talking to anyone and everyone about my home brewing. Found alot of people that have tried it>
If you ask you can score another fermenter out of it. Just tell them that you will hang on to it until they wont to start brewing again.

As for gadgets etc. I have been able use other mates trade accounts if I don't have one with a wholesaler.

I barter with the bloke that does my stainless steel welding. I also do the odd cash job to pay for anything i can not score.

Most of the time I just ask the question? What is that doing over there? Normally you get. Do you wont it! Only if you are getting rid of it. I always make sure I can make room in my work van to get it home.

Mate I have a shed full of stuff if I don't use it I will always mack sure it goes to some one that can.

Cheers Blue

Another reason to learn a trade instead of becoming a science geek - trade accounts!!! :D

BLUE..
Do the same....Talk to people i meet...Picked a couple fermenters that way....And two Super Automatica Bottle cappers....I am new in my district only know a handfull of people....
Spoke to a fella last week he may have a LARGE electric boiler for me.?Find out next week..
Cheers
PJ

Have you ever paid full price for anything, poppa joe? :D :D

I usually pay retail plus 10 (per cent) ... :blink:

Have you ever paid full price for anything, poppa joe?

I usually pay retail plus 10 (per cent) ...

If you're lucky SpillsMostOfIt, you will live long enough to get the pension & find out what
poppa joe is on about. <_<
I am in poppa's circumstances & believe me it's no dance in the park even though I have most of my AG gear.

Tomorrow is the last day before grain prices go up.
Bang-Head.gif

Good on you poppa! :beerbang:

:beer:

Have you ever paid full price for anything, poppa joe?

Not If i can help it ....SPILLS..

IF you're lucky SpillsMostOfIt, you will live long enough to get the pension & find out what
poppa joe is on about.

Yeah TIDAL IT aint easy.....'SPECIALLY If you drink....
Cheers
PJ :chug:

Back