Bitch And Moan

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braufrau

Autumn Leaf Brewery
Reaction score
So I'm haranging my better half the other day about the distribution of work
in our household (not much gets done, but what does get done is mostly done by me)
and he's quaffing the

pretty good Adelaide Sparkling I made him and he said "yeah that's nice, but I really want something else". And I said
"but you said you only ever wanted to drink sparkling" and he said "but that was before I knew you could make nicer beer than that!".
And then I said "well you make the beer then" and he said "no way. I'm not doing all that stuff you do!".

So he doesn't actually like
beer enough to make it properly??? And he doesn't really appreciate beer enough to care about the difference between a 30 minute
kit beer job and an all day mash and boil job. I must be insane!

bitch bitch moan moan.

So I'm haranging my better half the other day about the distribution of work
in our household (not much gets done, but what does get done is mostly done by me)
and he's quaffing the

pretty good Adelaide Sparkling I made him and he said "yeah that's nice, but I really want something else". And I said
"but you said you only ever wanted to drink sparkling" and he said "but that was before I knew you could make nicer beer than that!".
And then I said "well you make the beer then" and he said "no way. I'm not doing all that stuff you do!".

So he doesn't actually like
beer enough to make it properly??? And he doesn't really appreciate beer enough to care about the difference between a 30 minute
kit beer job and an all day mash and boil job. I must be insane!

bitch bitch moan moan.

Farmland lager for the boy.
Keep the good stuff for yourself under lock 'n' key!
(geez, if only I could get my wife to brew, let alone not gag and retch everytime a hop pack is opened!)

Can I get you to come and have a word to my wife, braufrau?

I cook the meals, do the dishes, fold the washing, but I don't get AG beer brewed for me..

Hey, I cook the meals, change the diapers, play taxi for her to the bus-stop and the boy to daycare, do the washing, mow the lawns & do the gardens, make the beer, make the equipment that makes the beer, sell the equipment that makes the beer, do the invoicing.......
She pays the house bills and washes the dishes (because I'm an ex-chef & I refuse to wash dishes that don't directly relate to brewing).

Who's got the better deal? Me. :) Would she do a brew? Probably if I would let her near the brewery long enough.
Do I want her too?
NO! :lol: I'm happy JUST the way things are.
Why?
Because the brewery is ALL MINE MINE MINE .....

yeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss my precious....all mines you are.......ssssssssssssssss no nasssssssstyy little wifeys shalls gets you noooooooooooo :unsure:

pfft try living alone, at least you guys get a bit of help :p on the other hand i don't have kids, just an overactive border collie.

anyhow braufrau if he's gonna be like that buy him a tin of coles brand lager and kg of suger and tell him to go for his life :)

-Phill

Maybe you can use the situation to your advantage!

Tell him if you're going to start making the good stuff, you need that heat exchanger you've had your eye on, and you might as well ramp up your batch sizes... like, you're more than willing to spend a full brew day for him (again, making the good stuff) but you'd like to minimise the amount of times per month that you "have to do the chore of brewing".

This 91L stainless conical would do nicely:
2660.jpg

Maybe time for a kegging rig, etc. etc.

You get where I'm coming from :p

Hardware it up,
reVox

Sounds like your "better half" has a pretty good wicket braufrau!
You doing most the cleaning for him.. and making beer...

Anyways, perhaps you could use the beer making to try and motivate him around the house.. Like that you will make more beer for him when he helps you, or that when he helps you, you will make him something special (which could just be a done up kit if he doesn't appreciate more than that ;) )

"Work for beer" That could even motivate me :huh:

SWMBO came in the door from shopping, "Haven't you changed your socks?" she roared, storming up the hallway....

I was in the kitcken boiling the brew and adding my Saaz hops....

Righto Braufrau, lets go..........(Off to that tropical island with a feremnter under the palm tree, bailey crop out the back, and hop plantation down the side - er, I think they're hops anyway....) rotflmao

Oh, for a bit of understanding......

So I'm haranging my better half the other day

NagNagNag.jpg

Just swap the gender around to suit

So I'm haranging my better half the other day
View attachment 12660

Just swap the gender around to suit

Yes Linz, that's exactly the face my husband pulls when the subject of house
work comes up.

And I look just like the dog on the left.

Thanks guys for all your support.

I had a serious talk with my husband and told him that he just has to
act gobsmacked every time he tastes a new brew and then I would be happy.

"OK. I can do that"
"But it has to sound sincere"
"ummmm ... yeah OK, I can do that!"

I think I should think seriously about why I brew!

Braufrau

But he used to be a brewer! Shocking behaviour that. I need to drop into the lab soon and give those boys some of my brews to help you inspire them back to the world of brewing.

For shame.

DrSmurto

Braufrau

But he used to be a brewer! Shocking behaviour that. I need to drop into the lab soon and give those boys some of my brews to help you inspire them back to the world of brewing.

For shame.

DrSmurto

But isn't *my* beer good enough to inspire him???
vemo060.png

braufrau you sound like the perfect 10 i am in the same situation but around the otherway. :p

i think you have spoilt him to much. do you have a twin sister who is single and is exactly the same as you?
and if you and brooksy run off to a tropical island i am comming too ill bring the keg system and all my shop stock . :D

delboy :beer:

awesome, let's have Oktoberfest every month of the year there :)

Back