Big Weekend @ Picton

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dane

Reaction score
Just got back from my little day trip down to Picton.

Went down there this morning for a Skydive - the day wasn;t looking too good in Sydney, however as we got out there there were big blue patches. The jump was amazing and the guys in the plane said it was a perfect day for a jump - lot of big clouds to fly past on the way down!!!

Everything was perfect and I urge anyone that hasn;t tried to to give it ago. While I must admit I'm probably a little more adventurous as the everyday 'normal' person, but there isn;t really the sensation of falling that you would expect.

Anway, make sure you give it a go - simple amazing!!!

After the jump, I remembered reading that some of you guys had been down the the Picton brewery. After a couple of directions we found the place. Great old pub :)

Was cool seeing their little 'brew room' and the beers were good - however group consensus was that my home brews were better - so that was good news. Had a great feed and if anyone is looking for a little day trip to get 'out of the city' or if you are passing through I would reconmend a stop off.

On the way back home we say a Go-Kart track and a spur of the moment descion ended us up on the starting grid at the Picton raceway :) The 6 of us had a quick 15 minute race and then headed home

Was a great day - absolutley buggered after all such an action packed day. Just sitting down after watch the skydive video and having a home brew and thought I better right a little review for everyone on the website.

Hope you all have a great weekend :D

:chug:

I've got to taste some of your home-brew as the beers made at Scharers rated very high in my opinion. The brewer is a german guy there, cant remember his name. All three of the beers there were brilliant IMO. Hard to pick flaws in them, they were so well balanced.

kook said:
I've got to taste some of your home-brew as the beers made at Scharers rated very high in my opinion. The brewer is a german guy there, cant remember his name. All three of the beers there were brilliant IMO. Hard to pick flaws in them, they were so well balanced.
Heheheh I am probably just biased :) But I do agree they were very, very nice - and with a steak sandwhich out in the Beer Garden it was fantastic!

I just love the fact that i only live down the road from this pub... make many a trip tyhere i doo.

The Bok IMHO is to die for

lucifer said:
I just love the fact that i only live down the road from this pub... make many a trip tyhere i doo.

The Bok IMHO is to die for
The bock is a great beer... Lovely aroma, brilliant balanced taste. Well hopped too. The body was well suited to the type of beer too. I was quite impressed :)

I must admit though I was most impressed by D'Lite. I've never sampled a mid strength beer with that much flavour. Rogers comes close, but Rogers is 3.8%

The one thing that bought my overall rating on both these beers up was the price too. $2.20 a middie for the Burragorang Bock, $2 a middie for the D'Lite.

Yes it's a lovely old pub - I've only been once some years ago - remember being impressed by the brewing vessels and the steak.

cheers
reg

Back