Big Post Of Water Around Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water data for Thompsons Lake area South East of Perth (Bibra lake, Cockburn, Atwell etc)

This data was updated in October 2015

Cheers

Wobbly
Hi there - old post but where did you get this data? I'm on Hills District water (Southern River) and can't find a report that gives levels of Ca and SO4. Have emailed Water Corp but no response...

Thinking of having one of these water tests completed so I know exactly what I have at my outlet. Anyone had something similar done. I realise its going to vary throughout the year but would be interesting to see if its even close to what the water company supply.

http://appslabs.com.au/index.php?main_page...products_id=256
I have been trolling through this thread on water and found your post. I realise it was some time ago but hopefully you can help. Did you eventually use appslabs? was it worthwhile?. I am on tank water and have no idea what the composition is.

If anyone has access to this (need to login) it could be great. I did some work at my old job in SEQ water treatment facilities when starting brewing and kicking myself now that I didn't even think about water quality at the time.

I emailed Barwon Water for an updated profile on Torquay water.

Torquay Vic water quality 18th March 19

PH: 7.2
Calcium: 18 mg/L
Magnesium 19 mg/L
Sodium 29 mg/L
Sulphate 5 mg/L
Chloride 49 mg/L

Here's an updated profile for South Perth/Kewdale from December 2018, Water Corp got back to me in a matter of hours!

Attachments

• South_Perth_Kewdale_WQ_Data_Sheet_2018.pdf
    132.4 KB · Views: 77
Anyone know the water in marangaroo

Super hard, like all south west WA water... Poster above you said water corp got back to him super quick, maybe try the same approach. From what i have read (never played with water chemistry when I lived in Perth) in some areas it can vary between desal and reservoir water depending on dam levels and so forth.

Anyone know the water in marangaroo
I'm in Bassendean. On Alexander drive in Ballajura you've probably noticed a Water Corp plant on the west side of Alexander drive. That is the water purification plant which processes bore water extracted from the Gnangara mound and is probably your water source. Mundaring weir supplies water to Kalgoorlie and the goldfields, thanks to C.Y.O'connor way back. There's actually a sign at Mundaring weir to advise that it's water supply is supplied by the desal plant(s) so it's safe to say that's most of Perth's metro area is supplied with bore water which is dosed up to make it fit for consumption. You'll find it stains badly ie leaves a whitish residue, I find it mostly on the kitchen sink and shower. If I don't mop up the water in the shower the grey tiles get stained with the white residue. If you look on the Water corps web site , you'll find it mentions staining and that the answer is to clean it off. It also states that the water complies with the relevant standards. I worked at Naval base desal plant 10 years ago replacing 3yo air con coils that the desal water had corroded, copper pipe doesn't like lime or sulphuric acid which is used to purify the sea water. For a reliable soft water source you need to filter the water or as I have, a rainwater tank,
Gordon

Latest posts

Back