Biere De Garde - Are There Any Available?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpsmusic

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of brewing a Biere de Garde however I've never actually tasted one. I'm in Melbourne and I've tried Dan Murphys and Acland Cellars but they don't seem to have anything in this style.

Any suggestions as to where I can get something in this style to try?

Cheers,

Chris

Try Slowbeer or Purvis. 3 Monts and Gavroche are two examples that come to mind immediately. Bridge Rd also make one under their Chevalier label.

1st Choice were carrying 3 Monts a while back, a really nice drop in the $12-15 price range.

Try Slowbeer or Purvis. 3 Monts and Gavroche are two examples that come to mind immediately. Bridge Rd also make one under their Chevalier label.

I was at Purvis Cellars (the Surrey Hills store) yesterday and they had the Chevalier Biere De Garde on the shelf. Purvis Beer (the Richmond store) would be closer to you and will probably also have it; amongst many, many other beers.

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of brewing a Biere de Garde however I've never actually tasted one. I'm in Melbourne and I've tried Dan Murphys and Acland Cellars but they don't seem to have anything in this style.

Any suggestions as to where I can get something in this style to try?

Cheers,

Chris

I'd second the above suggestions (both commercially available examples and possible outlets).

You can also sometimes find trois monts and gavroche at Beer deluxe and De ja vu (not cheap but well tasty).

Keep in mind that as a 'style' it's pretty wide and varied. According to BJCP (not the be all and end all of beer history by any means) they can be pale, amber and dark for starters.

Back