Quantcast

Biere De Garde - Are There Any Available?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

cpsmusic

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of brewing a Biere de Garde however I've never actually tasted one. I'm in Melbourne and I've tried Dan Murphys and Acland Cellars but they don't seem to have anything in this style.

Any suggestions as to where I can get something in this style to try?

Cheers,

Chris

jbowers

Reaction score
Try Slowbeer or Purvis. 3 Monts and Gavroche are two examples that come to mind immediately. Bridge Rd also make one under their Chevalier label.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
1st Choice were carrying 3 Monts a while back, a really nice drop in the $12-15 price range.

Where's Jim?

Reaction score
Try Slowbeer or Purvis. 3 Monts and Gavroche are two examples that come to mind immediately. Bridge Rd also make one under their Chevalier label.
I was at Purvis Cellars (the Surrey Hills store) yesterday and they had the Chevalier Biere De Garde on the shelf. Purvis Beer (the Richmond store) would be closer to you and will probably also have it; amongst many, many other beers.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of brewing a Biere de Garde however I've never actually tasted one. I'm in Melbourne and I've tried Dan Murphys and Acland Cellars but they don't seem to have anything in this style.

Any suggestions as to where I can get something in this style to try?

Cheers,

Chris
I'd second the above suggestions (both commercially available examples and possible outlets).

You can also sometimes find trois monts and gavroche at Beer deluxe and De ja vu (not cheap but well tasty).

Keep in mind that as a 'style' it's pretty wide and varied. According to BJCP (not the be all and end all of beer history by any means) they can be pale, amber and dark for starters.

Latest posts