BIAB Stainless Basket

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point about the ply, I'll look into that. I've found that bar a bit restricting, especially with the sight glass. I don't want to lower the keggle any further as I need to height for gravity filling cubes.

The keggle is 360mm total diameter.

I cut my opening to about 340mm, bit that was to clear a recirculation port fitting. As long as you have enough clearance around the inner rim of the rolled lip, re-cutting the opening is probably the path of least resistance to use something off the shelf...

I cut my opening to about 340mm, bit that was to clear a recirculation port fitting. As long as you have enough clearance around the inner rim of the rolled lip, re-cutting the opening is probably the path of least resistance to use something off the shelf...
Agreed. Damn you..

I bought a sheet of the mesh off ebay quite cheap. Then drilled out the bottom of a 100L pot with a 22mm holesaw and the mesh is bolted in over the top.

I've read that solid sides on the malt pipe are preferable to ensure all grain gets recirculated through

Back