Biab Plus No Chill Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have still brewed with active yeasts in this way. Give it a whirl - worst that can happen is you need to clean your fridge. That can happen with fermenters and glad wrap too.

I fill it up as much as my kettle allows (sans hot break of course).

Give it a go one day. It's surprisingly easy and surprisingly unmessy. Open cube to let air in, close again, shake, add yeast, lid on tight then back lid off a couple of notches. Any krausen leakage gets a spray with starsan and a wipe. Easier than glad wrap and the cube is a piece of piss to clean if you use boiling water with your sodium percarb.

As you say - each to their own. For sure. Diddly iddly.

BUT.....

My way is pretty cool.

I'm definitely going to give this a shot. It will double my fermenting capacity. Shaking the cube will give me a good workout.

Manticle, I presume you put a tap on your cubes?

I fill it up as much as my kettle allows (sans hot break of course).

Give it a go one day. It's surprisingly easy and surprisingly unmessy. Open cube to let air in, close again, shake, add yeast, lid on tight then back lid off a couple of notches. Any krausen leakage gets a spray with starsan and a wipe. Easier than glad wrap and the cube is a piece of piss to clean if you use boiling water with your sodium percarb.

As you say - each to their own. For sure. Diddly iddly.

BUT.....

My way is pretty cool.

+1 Manticle
I have never done it any other way.
Cheers
BBB

Cap slightly loose (still threaded so it can't get knocked - basically finger tight, then backed off a turn or so).

Latest posts

Back