Best way to carbonate water

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I had this same thing. First thing I tested my lines/kegs with was carbonated water. Keg king lines. Left them sit with water in for a night, flushed and taste went away after that from memory.
I did the same, but I'm finding the first pour from it after its been sitting for anymore than a couple of hours tastes off. It's only what's in the lines.

Hi everyone,

Right now what we're doing is putting the keg in and just leaving it to gas rather than any of the other methods we tried earlier. We polish off a 19L tank in about 1.5 days, and we have 3 tanks. So if we can fill it up quickly enough (we use filtered water so it takes some time) then we usually get 3+ days of carbonation before we drink it.

I would like it to be a bit bubblier than it is now. The Keg Master we have says not to exceed 40 PSI -- but I'm not sure why.

The kegs themselves say they have a max working pressure of 130 PSI (900kpa). The regulator we have is a 230 bar Haris one (bought separately from the Keg Master). So why can't the Keg Master handle above 40 PSI? What exactly is it doing?

Appreciate any input
Cheers

Back