Best Brewing Tip Ever

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
relax, don't worry, have a homebrew.

99% of the times i'm stressed I've stuffed something it turns out OK

My best advice would have to be temperature control. Because as said above it usually turns out ok, except if the yeast is too hot.

Don't brew in the evening whilst totally pissed, modify your recipe on the fly, and think "nah I'll write the recipe down tomorrow, I'll remember it" then you forget and you end up brewing the Nectar of the Gods and can't remember WTF you put in it. <_<

Don't brew in the evening whilst totally pissed, modify your recipe on the fly, and think "nah I'll write the recipe down tomorrow, I'll remember it" then you forget and you end up brewing the Nectar of the Gods and can't remember WTF you put in it. <_<

:icon_offtopic: Beware!

OHHHH! Bribie, ur living in my world there! I have not done a batch under-the-influence since yesterday :D i plan to keep the rest of my brewdays sober (before 9AM that is :p ) from now-on-in. Gonna start doing the same for gardening days aswell.......

:icon_offtopic: Beware!

OHHHH! Bribie, ur living in my world there! I have not done a batch under-the-influence since yesterday :D i plan to keep the rest of my brewdays sober (before 9AM that is :p ) from now-on-in. Gonna start doing the same for gardening days aswell.......

All jokes aside, what has improved my beer dramatically is gone from kits to grain (having said that, i still do the odd kit when i havent got the time) Using grain and real hops in my kit beers, and TEMP CONTROL! this has to be the best brewing tip ever. Hope i have helped!

My best brewing tip is twofold: Drink a variety of styles to find one you like, then practice brewing that style until you develop a house-brew that you like and are happy to serve to anyone who lobs at your door (friends, relatives, sales people, Mormons, JW's people looking for lost pets or asking direction etc.)

Oh, and if I may add another:- Don't believe everything you read (AHB included), and treat it all as theory until you have proved it yourself. But that's the scientist in me. :p

Les the Weizguy out

Your only as good as your brew buddies; I picked up so much brewing with the Bundy boys.

Thanks guys

QldKev

Be kind to your yeast.

I have had a fair bit on, and my brewing practices have slipped down a few notches. After a run of beers that have ranged between sh*t and acceptable, I have decided I need to really kick it up and scupulously plan every single thing, starting with yeast cultivation. My acetaldehyde currently on tap is a reminder.

Don't go anywhere near a running mill with a straightened out coat hangar.!

Above all things, safety. Kids, pissed brewers, 3 ring burners and 35Litres of boiling wort don't mix.
Thankfully I don't know this by experience.

Nothinig you ever do will make good beer if you cannot practice sanitary brewing methods. Be clean and sanitized.
You can't do any half decent beers without that.

Make plenty of homebrewer mates, they are always begging you to try their latest brews.....cheaper than the pub :)

Latest posts

Back