Belgian Beer Corks & Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustin

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Australian suppliers of Belgian beer corks and cages.
After lots and lots of searching I have found plenty of suppliers overseas but nothing local.
Cork Sizes are 25.5mm x 44mm
Cages Size is H x Ø lid: 38 x 26.5 mm.
(These are smaller than Champagne corks)

Also looking for 375ml or 500ml Belgian beer bottles. Whilst I have collected a few it would be nice to buy some new ones also.

Craft Brewer (the site is still down - might be worth a call) used to stock them and a google search says they still do.
A lot of the ones I have come across were under a crown seal rather than a cage (have to wonder why), a call to a couple of the commercial cork suppliers for wine making might turn up the size you are looking for.

Never seen Belgian beer bottles for sale without beer in them, there are a couple of bars that sell a fair amount of Belgian beer, they might hold onto some for you...
Mark

Coming out of hibernation to dig up this thread.

Does anyone know of any 'Strayan suppliers of Belgian Corks and suitable cages? Craftbrewer.com.au is no longer.

This is the only one I could find, but no cages and all the money: Beer Cork 44 25.5 mm 30 count (Not even sure it's a legit store.)

There's a UK store that does the corks and cages and even with postage it's the cheapest option so far; factoring in the hand corker it works out to about $1/bottle. That's for 120...which is a lot to commit to - anyone interested in a group buy to share postage costs? I'm in Melbourne, I guess domestic postage on top that would need to be added in.

I started to wonder if the 24mm diameter corks would work - they are far easier to get. The opening of a champagne bottle is 17-18mm diameter, but I'm still short appropriate cages. I need to drop in to Grain And Grape and see what size their cages are: Champagne - Stopper Wire - Grain and Grape

Fun, huh?

Good luck with your search. I've not had luck, and gone with champagne bottles and the larger size bottle caps for brews that need stronger bottles. Would be interested in using corks, but availability and expense has made it a non starter so far.

Try Brouwland in Belgium.
1677303977026.png

Tho they say they arent supplying direct to Australia any more, they might be able to point you to a local supplier.
Mark

Latest posts

Back