Beez Kneez Clone....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frag_Dog

Reaction score
While at my LHBS this week I decided to try something new. They had a recipy for a Beez Kneez style beer. This is what I got:

1 x 1.7kg Black Rock Whispering Wheat Can-O-Goo
500g Honey (light colour, non euclyptys)
500g Wheat Malt
15g Brewcraft Hallertau finnishing hopps (teabag)
Safbrew WB-06

Has anyone brewed something similar to this? This will be the first wheat beer I've brewed, and the first time I've used honey in a brew.

link
link in this link, jye mentions he made one with what appears to be the same ingredients as yourself, but can't remember the quantities.

Many other posts can be found in the search....long story short, it seems to get pretty mixed responses. Guess it's one of those things you either like; or you don't.

hiya Frag, I have tried the Beez Neez my second recipe ever. This is my recipe pulled off of this site of memory.
MORGANS LAGER CAN, 1KG LIQUID MALT EXTRACT, 600GMS PURE HONEY

POR HOP TEABAG STEEPED IN CUP OF BOILING WATER.

Noob mistake i fermented way too hot, between 26/28 degrees. I live in broome north WA and now have a bar fridge I use to brew in. Keep the temp down (20 and below) and I think you will be really happy. My brew had really strong flavours due to the heat but since using the fridge the are alot better. I want to do another one of these soon.

good luck.

The brew is off and running. One problem I've had, I think the hops teabag has blown up. I gave it one last mix with it in there and it dissapeard and the brew looks alot greener now.

I guess I'll see how this turns out...

Thanks for the responses!

The brew is off and running. One problem I've had, I think the hops teabag has blown up. I gave it one last mix with it in there and it dissapeard and the brew looks alot greener now.

I guess I'll see how this turns out...

Thanks for the responses!
Don't be worrying, it should settle fine regardless. If you're really worried, put it into secondary if you can and add some gelatine while you're at it.
I've added hop pellets as either dry hop or steeped hop tea (my coffee plunger sieve leaks a bit) to many brews and yet to encounter a chunk of them in a bottle, but all mine usually go through a secondary vessel. I used to muck around with putting it all in a hopbag but can't be bothered nowadays. But yours should settle, so I wouldn't be worried about it at all.
Can't help with the recipe though, sorry.

Don't worry about the hop bag splitting. The hops will settle out to the bottom of the fermenter over the course of fermentation.

This style of beer has been very popular in the past. There are plenty of variations. Either of the words Beez or Kneez are fairly unique and a search on AHB will throw up lots of reading.

I've only done a single honey brew myself, it wasn't that good as i used regular honey.

I'm thinking i'll give this one a go but with orange blossom honey as I've only heard good things about it.

If yours turns out alright remember to add it to the recipeDB

Yeah I figured the hops will settle out, just hope it doesn't stuff the beer....

My last voyage into hops territory didn't turn out too well. Tried a Super Dry Clone, and its just way too bitter.

I've been keeping track of all the brews I do in a notebook, so if it turns out worthy of duplication I'll post it up.

Yeah I figured the hops will settle out, just hope it doesn't stuff the beer....

If your worried about it getting into your beer, tie a clean and sanitized stocking or muslin cloth around the end of your bottling cane into a slightly loose bag.
That way the pin at the end can still depress to let the beer out while catching any of those nuggets!

Fingers

My last voyage into hops territory didn't turn out too well. Tried a Super Dry Clone, and its just way too bitter.

I've been keeping track of all the brews I do in a notebook, so if it turns out worthy of duplication I'll post it up.

Hops in the fermenter shouldn't add much/any bitterness - just flavour and aroma. Bitterness comes from boiling the hops.

Many brewer add extra hops during fermentation and some recent brews I've done ended up with hops fragments in the glass. Aside from the fact that I might prefer beer without bits, there was no ill effect whatsoever.

Latest posts

Back