Beery Uk Holiday Snaps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremy

Reaction score
Hi all, currently on a 2 year working holiday in the UK and thought I would share some holiday snaps...

DSCN0100_730x547.jpg
Is it really?!? How long have I been over here...?

DSCN0186_730x547.jpg
Yes we all know about it, but I still cant get over this!

DSCN0199_730x547.jpg
A bottle of Leffe I bought from my local SPAR

DSCN0203_730x547.jpg
On closer inspection!!

DSCN0208_730x547.jpg
A gravy browning agent, which also doubles as a means of turning any homebrewed lager into a stout in an instant!

IMG_2991_614x461.jpg
IMG_2992_614x461.jpg
A beer festival at a pub in Rugby, those are all horizontal kegs with a coat on. Pints were a pound when I was there as it was the final day... What a country!
By the way if you look closely there are some cardboard boxes stacked here that look like popcorn boxes, they are actually take home pint containers! I wouldnt leave one in the fridge overnight...

beermenu.JPG
A Wetherspoons menu, people rubbish the place but you cant argue with those PRICES!

DSCN0101_730x547.jpg
Classic name for a pub, got me thinking what the best brewing terminology would be for a pub name. Settled with "The Hopback Inn".

DSCN0125_730x547.jpg
DSCN0126_730x547.jpg
DSCN0183_730x547.jpg
Some pub signs...

IMG_2765_614x461.jpg
Guest beer selection at the Welsh Black in Bow Street, Ceredigion, Mid-Wales

That's not odd.

This is odd:
CRW_0831.jpg

(Reading Beer Festival '05)

A beer festival at a pub in Rugby, those are all horizontal kegs with a coat on. Pints were a pound when I was there as it was the final day... What a country!

Hmmm, maybe time for a long trip home...Rugby is about 30k from my house in the UK.

Glad your enjoying it.

Efes Pilsen, I worked in Turkey for a while in the 70s ve efes en guzel birra - ama popular in Australia? Yok !
However I'd love to try it again and see if it's anything like I remember.

Felinfoel stout on handpump? Wow :)

Efes Pilsen, I worked in Turkey for a while in the 70s ve efes en guzel birra - ama popular in Australia? Yok !

I think the popular in Oz bit is referring to the Lucky, not the efes.

Back