Beersmith V2 On Mac

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkmeldrum

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I used to use BS V1 on a PC and I found it very easy to use. I've changed to Mac a while back so was eagerly awaiting the Mac version with V2, but I've had no end of troubles with it. If I still had a PC I'd just go back to V1.

My main gripe is I keep getting Error messages. I've sent emails to Brad Smith and he's tried to help.

I even started a new recipe today without using any old bsm files. I still get error messages that won't go away, such as : Assertion Failed! - [File/Users/Doc/Documents/Src/SLib/BData.cpp: 2357 compiled June 23 2011

Also, I have watched the videos on the Beersmith site, but I still can not work out how to import grains and hops. I can open them in a tab, but when I close them it asks me to save them, which I do but then they disappear. Anyone know where they go?

Cheers

Molly

Running BS2 on a Mac, too. Have not had a single error.

I have run into a couple of issues with Report formatting, but I believe this due to corruption of the .bsmx files when synchronising between two PC's using Dropbox.

What version of MacOS are you running?

Running BS2 on a Mac, too. Have not had a single error.

I have run into a couple of issues with Report formatting, but I believe this due to corruption of the .bsmx files when synchronising between two PC's using Dropbox.

What version of MacOS are you running?
OSX 10.6.7

OSX 10.6.7
Ditto. Well, we can rule that out...

Given you've contacts Brad Smith directly, can I assume he is still investigating it? Maybe worth putting a new topic on the Beersmith forums, see if anybody else is running into the same issue?

Ditto. Well, we can rule that out...

Given you've contacts Brad Smith directly, can I assume he is still investigating it? Maybe worth putting a new topic on the Beersmith forums, see if anybody else is running into the same issue?
Yeah I sent him another one today...he asked for some of my recipe files to investigate but I've heard nothing since. Guess it must be something to do with my system. But it's strange cos everything else works on my MacBook Pro.

Just very frustrating. Wish I could just go back to V1 just the way it was on my PC!!! But due to break-in some mongrels got that one!

Cheers

try repairing the permissions with disk utility and see if that makes a difference

try repairing the permissions with disk utility and see if that makes a difference
Okay, managed to find that. I've got no idea what that is doing as I'm fairly new to Mac stuff......but it's happening!

I'll let u know if it's successful.

Thanks

Okay, managed to find that. I've got no idea what that is doing as I'm fairly new to Mac stuff......but it's happening!

I'll let u know if it's successful.

Thanks
Well it appeared to fix up lots of other stuff!

But still getting error messages ....oh well

Cheers

Molly

Running it on Snow Leopard without issues. It's not as pretty as other Mac apps, but does the job. No errors so far even syncing with Dropbox.

If you're really stuck run V2 (or V1) with Wine, Crossover, Parallels, etc ... that's what I have been doing for years on both the Mac and Ubuntu brewbox.

I had no real need for V2, but it does offer some good improvements and I was just happy to donate to Brad given how much time and effort he has put into this project and the price is cheap especially with our exchange rate!!

Sorry, if you've tried this, but some simple things to try would be to remove the application (and empty trash). download and install it to Applications.
Also make sure you have "read & write" permissions on the beersmith2 app file (found through right click - "get Info")

Working fine for me to.

Might be worth making sure you're running it as an admin, not a non-admin user, although I don't know if this makes a difference

Back