Beerbelly Filter Feedback

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBastard

Reaction score
After saying I don't see the point in filtering only a month or two ago I'm getting pretty damn keen on it, but I can't justify spending a whole lot of money.

That's why the Beerbelly one http://www.beerbelly.com.au/filtering.html appeals to me. $90 with all that gear works out to about $60 or less for just the filter.

I know it's a paper filter, does anyone know if you can buy another filter insert later, made out of whatever the more expensive ones are made of? It'd maybe be good to start off with paper either way.

If there's some decent feedback on this unit I'm gunna ask them if they'd consider doing one without the two beer disconnects and the beer line for hopefully $60.

If there's any other cheaper options out there please let me know too. I crash chill and have good results but I just really like the idea of filtering as I'm transferring to keg and ensuring that as much crap as possible just simply never makes it to the keg. Partly also so that I can later move kegs around without worrying about them clouding up again.

I've got one and am perfectly happy with it.

You'll need to put it together yourself so make sure you've got some teflon thread tape around the place.

I'd suggest getting it with all the fittings. If you want to filter from fermenter to keg, just get a length of beer line, jam a couple of centimeters of PVC tube over one end so it fits in your fermenter tap. On the output side, keep the beer-out disconnect so you can fill the keg via the diptube. If you one day need to filter keg-to-keg you've got the bits to do it.

Personally, I don't crash chill in the fermenter, but transfer straight to keg and crash chill/condition in the kegerator, then filter keg-to-keg and force carb when ready. This is so I can free up my fermenting fridge which is my limiting factor on how often I can brew.

Re: the filter material... I thought they were all paper, but that was just my impression.

Back