Beer workshop with Matt Kirkegaard - May 20th - SE Qld

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evoo4u

Reaction score
If you're withing driving distance of Toowoomba/Hampton/Cooby Dam on that weekend (20th/21st May), here's something you might be interested in - Beer Workshops hosted by Matt Kirkegaard:

Go to http://www.hamptonfestival.com and click on "Food and Art Workshops".

Weather up here is gorgeous at this time of year too!

Just read a bit more about these workshops. They're $70/$80, and the ticket price for one of them "includes a set of four Spiegelau glasses valued at $69.95", also with each booking there's a complimentary admission to the main Hampton Festival the following day (Sunday 21st) :super:
Could be a good weekend!

Will you be having a stall at the festival Roger?

earle said:
Will you be having a stall at the festival Roger?
Not this year unfortunately.

Our olive harvest was way down on previous years (in common with a lot of other olive growers), and the quantity of oil we pressed is not sufficient to enable us to sell with gay abandon (lovely lady she is :D ) AND retain adequate stocks for our regular customers for the next 12 months.

So I'll be there, but in a volunteer capacity, helping keep things running smoothly on the day, enjoying a brew at the bar (no doubt), and listening to the live music - all things I can't normally do. So it's not all bad...

evoo4u said:
So I'll be there, but in a volunteer capacity, helping keep things running smoothly on the day, enjoying a brew at the bar (no doubt), and listening to the live music - all things I can't normally do. So it's not all bad...
Re "the bar" -- the Hampton Festival organisers tell me that the New England Brewing Company from Uralla will have their beers for sale on the drinks menu at the bar (where you'll find me -- maybe not ALL day, but certainly from time to time -- just checking that they're keeping the beer cold of course :beerbang: ) They also mentioned a Blueberry Beer will probably be available (brewer not known at this stage, but I'll keep you informed). One of Hampton's well known farms produces organic blueberries, so no double-guessing where the blueberries will be sourced.

And of course, winos will be catered for as well, both at the bar, and with tastings from MANY wineries at their own stalls.

This is sounding pretty tempting.

Latest I've heard is that the Festival itself (May 21st) will have a selection of kegged beers from two or three vendors (pale ales, smoked ales, blueberry ale), also bottled brews from Coopers and Monteiths. No XXXX I'm afraid...

Damn, I'm running a tour for the first coat festival that arvo/evening. Might have to come to the festival though. I did the spiegelau sensory thing at the last Queensland brewers conference and was pretty good.

Latest posts

Back