Beer Storage

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerking

Reaction score
My fridge only holds two kegs ,this is a problem as i have four kegs.
Is it worth keeping beer unrefrigerated in my spare kegs in a warm garage. I know its not ideal but would they spoil ?(kept for maybe a month or so before cycling into fridge)
Does anybody else have this problem and what do you do?

Any advice or feedback would be great ,

Cheers Leigh .

I wouldn't store them in a garage in summer for any length of time, winter yeah, but garages get pretty damn hot in summer. Is there any reason you can't store the two kegs in the house? I have 9 kegs and the ones waiting sit out of sight in the loungroom where the temp is a lot more stable. Never had an issue with them sitting there for a month or two

I wouldn't store them in a garage in summer for any length of time, winter yeah, but garages get pretty damn hot in summer. Is there any reason you can't store the two kegs in the house? I have 9 kegs and the ones waiting sit out of sight in the loungroom where the temp is a lot more stable. Never had an issue with them sitting there for a month or two

Can bring them inside however would have to listen to the wife's nagging. Maybe i will wait until it cools down a bit , by shed hit 40 yesterday.

As my new brewery gets closer i've been thinking about digging a clear into the hill in my back yard. I've been giving thought to one that is maybe brick and concrete and reinforced roof about 600 belw the surface with a side insulated door. If I could get it down to 10 degrees I'd be happy but I don't know how feasible it is. Under the house is current where I store bottles but I can't get the kegs in there which Ida shame as its a great cool zone.

But back to op, basically your home brew is alive mate so you want to look after it well. That's why some brewery's wont allow their beer to be sold if it hasn't been shipped in a refrigerated container. And our beer is usually full of more yeast unless you have a full on filter regime.

I have started to bulk prime my spare keg. I made the mistake of using 8g per litre the first time I did it, just ened up pouring foam. Tried 4g this time around seems to work the best. I think the main thing is to have the beer stored under some sort of consistant Co2 to stop it going amiss.

i used to have this problem.

but then i found a bigger freezer. I have 6 kegs, but my freezer will hold 14 plus some bottles, hops and yeasts. :D

Back