Beer Shops In Hobart / Tasmania

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, you make it look to bloody easy....

i can work around you all, working for myself and working all hours i have a good understanding at home, i will be there at anytime...

And i do realise its not all easy for everybody, but i would like to have one beer with you all.....makes the second time a lot easier for the ones who find the first time hard :beer: ....

Sounds like i'm chatting up a virgin :rolleyes: .......

HOWEVER, last time I went into BWS Davey they had moved their import beer section to a new location....right as you walk in to the left at the entrance of the roller door. Take not of this, if you walk into the bottle shop on a nice sunny afternoon you can see the late afternoon sun from about 3pm onwards blasting the crap out of all the import beers right until sundown. They sit behind clear glass fridge doors and cop full sun every afternoon that the suns out. Don't know about you but I wont be buying any more beers at $5-6 a stubbie that have baked in the sun for who knows how long.

Hey Justin,

Did you tell them? I've been griping about it for a while now... I mean either they're totally ignorant about the product they sell, or they really think their customers are stupid, or they really don't give a shit what their customers think.

In winter the sun was starting to hit the beers before midday, throug most of the day. I've been watching them every day when I drive past. I've made a point of stopping and complaining to someone different every day, but no luck so far... they all look at me as if I'm an alien.

Mind you the canned stuff is still good. A friend and I tried DAB in the can and bottle from that fridge and the difference was astounding.

MFS.

Hey Justin,

Did you tell them? I've been griping about it for a while now... I mean either they're totally ignorant about the product they sell, or they really think their customers are stupid, or they really don't give a shit what their customers think.

In winter the sun was starting to hit the beers before midday, throug most of the day. I've been watching them every day when I drive past. I've made a point of stopping and complaining to someone different every day, but no luck so far... they all look at me as if I'm an alien.

Mind you the canned stuff is still good. A friend and I tried DAB in the can and bottle from that fridge and the difference was astounding.

MFS.

Yeah mate I did comment to the two staff on the registers though there wasn't a manager in the immediate area at the time. Not sure if they really took any notice or not. Might be worth tracking down the manager and mentioning it as it cant hurt. Thing is several of my friends have been BWS staff/managers so there is no real training on correct storage etc, they just got casual jobs there and ended up as managers for a while. Worth commenting though guys I agree as if specialty beer sales start dropping off they will stop stocking them.

Cheers, Justin

God damn you men putting together a AHB meet. Would love to play drinks at the Tele but as you said Daz I'd have to catch the bus. Anyway, I'll be round for a few more weeks so it's possible I may time a trip down before I go. Cheers again.

Hey Justin,

MFS.

Are you packing up and going Justin??? if so, i'm going to take a trip up to see your set-up before you go ;) ..

Daz

Cool, there are more Hobart members here than I thought that there would be :)

We should meet in the Telegraph one Wednesday. How about in a couple of weeks? (I need time to build up enough brownie points with the wife!)

..and joecast i live in Rose Bay, you probably drive past my house every day!

Some beers (Hoegarden, leffe and a couple of others) have gone up to $10 jugs all night. Still cheap though
:)

Back