Beer Review-cleanskin Premium

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snatchy - the defensiveness is not helping. If you are a new member, read more, calm down, and see that we are all friends here. If you are a marketing dweeb sitting replying to being called out, log off and never be heard from again.

Pickaxe said:
WTF is a shed beer chart?
Actually a whiteboard. Us Fridgies like to keep beer nice and cold and also log the crap ones to good ones. Trip to Dan's for a sample 10 pack and we all sit back and judge the taste. Honestly guys I was just commenting on the original post "Has anyone tried this beer?" and thought I would add my bit. How bout we all settle down and have a beer!

Out of interest, if you were just googling "clear skin beers" as a brand, why would you join a home brew forum just to comment on the clear skin thread?

Sorry fellas, never have learned not to feed the trolls.

Snatchy said:
Mate..... Your post has taken me back some what. For a pro member like yourself to respond like that to a new member is not good at all.

As noted in post #23, at post #21 you are the 4th member with a first post to say how cool this beer is. Should we suspect anything? If you had some posts on homebrewing, which since this is a homebrewing forum..., then posted in this thread I would not have commented. This forum has been targeted with this style of marketing many times prior, which is poor form. We do however have many retailers on here that declare their vested interest in their product(s), and join to discuss and often tailor their product(s) with brewers; which is widely accepted. As it stands your only reason to join and post on this homebrewing forum is to say you like this beer, and since to justify your post. I wonder if your ip address is the same as any of the prior ones? Maybe if any admins are reading this thread they could check for us. If however, I see you are actively posting on this homebrew forum with a keen interest in your homebrewing techniques then I will send you an apology.

QldKev

Pickaxe said:
BTW - What brand were you Googling?

Snatchy said:
Clear skin beer. This post thread second or third I think.
I don't know that I would feel comfortable putting the term 'clear skin' into Google.

Especially at work, or if there were kids in the vicinity.

Have just shown this tread to all my shed mates and they are all gob smacked! One of the guy's here said after reading it all "Cork Sniffers...... Wankers!" His words not mine. I did not think simply adding my comment to the original post "Has anyone tried this beer?" would open a can of worms like it has. Well I give up! As my mates just pointed out it is Clean Skin not clear skin as I googled so if I was affiliated in any way don't you think I would get the name right? No I don't Home brew but was thinking of giving it a go and was hoping this forum could give me some directions to get started. I will think twice now about commenting considering the crap I have received by doing so.

BTW some of us don't have the time to home brew and have to BUY our beer but if anyone can give us an accurate and simple recipe for Duvel, Hahn Premium Pilsner, Little Creatures Pale Ale, Schofferhofer Krystalweizen, Leffe Blond, Asahi Dry Ale or the like we would be most appreciative.

Mate, welcome to the forum.

It is unfortunate your comment tacked on to the end of several obvious marketing spammers, and we were unable to tell the difference.

If you're looking to discuss homebrew, I hope you stick around, there's tonnes of help here!

tiprya said:
Mate, welcome to the forum.

It is unfortunate your comment tacked on to the end of several obvious marketing spammers, and we were unable to tell the difference.

If you're looking to discuss homebrew, I hope you stick around, there's tonnes of help here!
Thanks mate

Is it just me but cannot say I have ever seen Cleanskin Premium in our local Dan's not that I have looked for it in particular.

I like cheap beers I buy Henninger as an easy drinker from Liqourland.

I think it's a Coles product, so won't be at Dans or BWS.

Snatchy said:
BTW some of us don't have the time to home brew and have to BUY our beer but if anyone can give us an accurate and simple recipe for Duvel, Hahn Premium Pilsner, Little Creatures Pale Ale, Schofferhofer Krystalweizen, Leffe Blond, Asahi Dry Ale or the like we would be most appreciative.
What methods are you interested in? I have an all grain recipe for belgian golden strong based closely on Duvel and there is a recipe on here closely based on Little Creatures pale and another little creatures bright (also both all grain). All grain can be converted to partial mash, extract brewing and kit brewing easily enough - depends how you are wanting to approach it.

For belgian styles like the duvel and the leffe your choice of yeast is the main chracter contributor as it is with something like the schofferhoffer.

Asahi will require something like a dry enzyme and little creatures a neutral yeast as its character relies mainly on the hops.

Are you sure you don't mean foreskin?

Cheers

Paul

One of the local bottle o's had it going for a while. Tried it and wasn't a fan really. Have tasted worse and for the price it's better than other big breweries. Tasted a bit soappy if anything. I got it for $29 a carton.

Back