Beer Filter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asher said:
Time..... the best beer filter ;)

I'm back. now officially able to brew "wife beater" beers
Asher for now
[post="74274"][/post]​

Good to see you back Asher, hope the honeymoon went well. Lets hope your better half doesnt read ahb or you may brewing "beaten by wife" beers!

Ausdb <_< <_<

Ross,

Did you purchase your pleated cartridge from the group mentioned at the start of this thread or from another source. Secondary what pressure do you filter at...anything specific?

Regards

MWS

markws said:
Ross,

Did you purchase your pleated cartridge from the group mentioned at the start of this thread or from another source. Secondary what pressure do you filter at...anything specific?

Regards

MWS
[post="74392"][/post]​

No, got mine from Len at www.purerain.com.au - In Capalaba, Brisbane - He was a great help in supplying me with different set-ups as I researched this topic at length...
I filter at normal dispensing pressure - approx 80kpa

Cheers Ross

I ahve joined the dark side. Just ordered one. Asher, once you have kids time will be something you donot have :eek:

Waiting by the letterbox for mine Darren. Should be here today, maybe tomorrow.

Welcome to the bright side. :beerbang:

Warren -

Can someone post the actual link to the website?

Joel,

Try here

Jimmy, posted the URL on his initial post.

Hope this helps.

Warren -

Looks alright...

I may have to look at this a bit more closely when my kegs finally arrive.

Getting SWMBO approval may take a bit of time :(

Woohoo! Mine just arrived. :beerbang:

Can't give you pics though folks. SWMBO said I can't open it until Father's Day. Not bad though. Exactly 24 hours turnover. :super:

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
Woohoo! Mine just arrived. :beerbang:

Can't give you pics though folks. SWMBO said I can't open it until Father's Day. Not bad though. Exactly 24 hours turnover. :super:

Warren -
[post="74456"][/post]​

Now I am excited. Love presents in the mail. Hope I get home before SWMBO :eek:

Guys, these would probably work well as Randall's as well.

Beer filter by day. Beer over-hopping machines by night :)

Not sure how the inlet and outlet works / whether it would be possible but might be interesting for group brewdays :super:

Hi All,

Been having a look at some of the water filter systems on the Hydrofoil site. I was wanting some thoughts on the benefit of using an undersink type water filter in the brewery. I just use water straight from the tap and haven't noticed any off flavours however as always I'm looking to add antother bit o' gear. Is anyone filtering their water?

:p
Gooday Pbrosnan
Yes I am useing a Reverse Osmosis filter for all my brewing and drinking water. The filtered water is very pleasant to drink much better than bottled water. I have cancelled my contract with the water supplier. It is expensive to install about $ 500.00 but you will not regret spending the money. If you start with pure water you can profile to the beer style you are brewing. I would recommend reverse Osmosis filtration without hesitation.
Altstart

Ross,
How do you reckon one of these filters would go "inline"?
Would you lose carbonation as the beer passes through the filter?
Darren

Darren said:
Ross,
Darren
[post="74772"][/post]​

Darren,

Thought about it & I'm sure it would work, but don't really see any advantage - takes 10 mins max to filter a keg & as I like to switch beers rather than consume 1 keg at a time, it would take many filters (or waste beer) to do this...

Ross said:
Darren said:
Ross,
Darren
[post="74772"][/post]​

Darren,

Thought about it & I'm sure it would work, but don't really see any advantage - takes 10 mins max to filter a keg & as I like to switch beers rather than consume 1 keg at a time, it would take many filters (or waste beer) to do this...
[post="74801"][/post]​

Ross, The reason I was thinking of it is I brew in 60-70 litre batches. Would be nice to keg just once for a batch. I could just run all three kegs through the filter on the way to the tap.
cheers
Darren

Darren said:
[
Ross, The reason I was thinking of it is I brew in 60-70 litre batches. Would be nice to keg just once for a batch. I could just run all three kegs through the filter on the way to the tap.
cheers
Darren
[post="74808"][/post]​

Should work fine in that case - the only possible problem I can forsee, is it may froth up as it passes through filter cartridge - when I filter a carbonated keg, the relief valve needs to be used occaisonly to remove excess CO2...

Darren

I think you would lose way too much carbonation trying to filter the beer on the way to the tap and would end up pouring icercream.
I could be wrong but there's one sure-fire way to find out though..........

Hoops

Darren I'd be more worried about the beer that sits overnight (or longer) in the filter housing in contact with all the crud that's been filtered out. Would surely cause some form of taint. :unsure:

BTW Darren, have you checked yours out yet. They look like quite nifty little units for the price. :beerbang:

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
Darren I'd be more worried about the beer that sits overnight (or longer) in the filter housing in contact with all the crud that's been filtered out. Would surely cause some form of taint. :unsure:

BTW Darren, have you checked yours out yet. They look like quite nifty little units for the price. :beerbang:

Warren -
[post="74822"][/post]​

Warren, surely would only be sitting on the crud that was in the bottom of your keg anyway? but on 2nd thoughts you would be forcing your beer through it as well. Another thought, it would be a bit of a pain changing filters mid brew, when it becomes clogged.
So i guess, i go with my original thoughts, that filtering first is the best option...

Latest posts

Back