Beer Faucet Perlick Guru?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patty

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am after some info on beer taps or faucets if any knowledgeable brewers can help out?

my current set up is very basic I run a 50 litre CUB keg to an old swing arm (from the side) faucet or tap that is mounted on the front of my upright fridge door, the tap has an extension shank about 100 mm long that goes through the fridge insulation and is held with a locknut on the inside which is then connected to the line via a coupling nut then to the keg

I will eventually be looking at building a keezer set up once I get the dollars together

My question is I have been checking out these Perlick 525ss and 545ss and so on the net and ebay and stuff most of these taps if not all with the extension shanks havewhat they call a crb barb a small pipe right angled down from the end of it on the end of the extension shank, what is the cbr barb used for? and will these taps fit my set up??

Sorry I have no idea

The barb pushes directly into the beer hose. you'll need to determine your beer line internal diameter to see if it is compatible with the barb that comes with the taps. Worst case you may need to change your beer line or buy a different adaptor like a John Guest push-in fitting for the back of your shank.

Back