Beer Battle Might Have Helped Me Vote!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you just defined the problem with the Australian attitude to politics.

#1 - Very few, if any of you are actually in Abbott's or Gillard's electorate so you can't actually vote for them.
#2 - There are a lot more than 2 candidates on a ballot paper.

And i can't believe i just got sucked into a political thread on a brewing forum. Sigh.
My comment was just meant as a joke which you probably realise.

However, while local candidates campaign that they will make a difference and look after the local electorate it seems that once in power they tow the party line. So in effect a vote for you local candidate is really a vote for their party's policies and leader. At least that's the case in my electorate.

While there are more than 2 candidates on a ballet paper its very likely that the parliament will be controlled by one of the two major parties.

Anyway thats enough of that. (That Speedie's put me on edge)

My comment was just meant as a joke which you probably realise.

However, while local candidates campaign that they will make a difference and look after the local electorate it seems that once in power they tow the party line. So in effect a vote for you local candidate is really a vote for their party's policies and leader. At least that's the case in my electorate.

While there are more than 2 candidates on a ballet paper its very likely that the parliament will be controlled by one of the two major parties.

Anyway thats enough of that. (That Speedie's put me on edge)

Ah yes, humour.

Its Friday afternoon and i am dreaming about beer. Brain is shot and I've had far too much caffeine.

Hopefully the rest of AHB will be introduced to Speedie soon.

Hey, since JG is into craftbeer, maybe now is the time to hit her up for a reduction in the craftbeer excise tax!!

- Snow

:blink:
Sorry, please explain?

Pray that you never find out.

Short story is that he's a new member at Oliver and Geoff's and he's here to save our beer with his unparalleled wisdom.

I doubt that Raymond Terrace would have any Craft beer on tap, despite proximity to Murrays.
Quite sure that my local in Medowie has no Murray's on tap, and we are situated between Raymond Terrace and Murray's.
Les :(

The SMH are reporting the beer as something called a Toohey's Old! <_<

From http://www.smh.com.au/federal-election/thr...tml?autostart=1

They're all a bunch of phoney winesippers imvho of course, don't let the pesky election spoil your brew weekends.

+1 The bloke is a clown...
Now I'm really interested! Come, do tell, is this guy on another forum or what? If so where so?
Actually, I've found the forum and a mention of a "late night post" ...

Now I'm really interested! Come, do tell, is this guy on another forum or what? If so where so?
Actually, I've found the forum and a mention of a "late night post" ...

He's bum's mate he can tell you all about him... I think they drink together regularly... like this : :beer:

Its not bobbiedazzeler again is it?

Nah. Boobiedazzler can spell.

[EDIT: and to be fair this speedie bloke seems to know how to make beer.]

Ah yes, humour.

Its Friday afternoon and i am dreaming about beer. Brain is shot and I've had far too much caffeine.

Now that was funny :icon_cheers: !

Cheers

Hirns

I think the Clarke and Dawes section on the 7:30 report on Thursday (I think) summed it up...

"Well that's correct John, you've won the government you deserve"
"Oh, I was hoping for a better result than that"
"There isn't one"

Well I've taken a break from shovelling 3 different kinds of manure around the front yard to go and vote. Ironic?

Well I've taken a break from shovelling 3 different kinds of manure around the front yard to go and vote. Ironic?

At least the shit you spread was for some good.....

Latest posts

Back