Beer And Brewer Expo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakkatoo

The Sneaky Monk
Reaction score
Anyone else going to this tomorrow or saturday?

Wife and I will be there sat night. Bought tickets a few weeks ago then won 2 thru my subscription to the mag <_< . So now a mate and his wife are coming as well.
Should be a bit of fun, esp as it will be the first 'beer' activity my wife wants to be involved in!

Mods feel free to move this, got no idea where it should go :unsure:

Anyone else going to this tomorrow or saturday?

Wife and I will be there sat night. Bought tickets a few weeks ago then won 2 thru my subscription to the mag <_< . So now a mate and his wife are coming as well.
Should be a bit of fun, esp as it will be the first 'beer' activity my wife wants to be involved in!

Mods feel free to move this, got no idea where it should go :unsure:

Going to the tade day tomorrow, not quite sure what to expect though. Hopefully it's a fun day.

Linz,Little Squares and I will be there for the saturday afternoon session pm me if you want to catch up for a beer.
Leaving in the car tomorrow morning and definately will need a beer when I get there.
Franko

I'm gonna hopefully get away from work early and head down Friday arvo.

Any other AHB'ers attending wishing to catch up for a few

Heading out soon for the trade session and staying for the evening.

#57 tram takes you right out there

Im heading in tomorrow and going to the begian beer cafe or beer deluxe for a few drinks and lunch

Get to the expo for the arvo session on sat

catch you their
Kleiny

Well, if you see a skinny bloke wearing a black 'movember' shirt that looks like a led zep album cover, thats me.

Will definately answer to Wakkatoo!

Well, if you see a skinny bloke wearing a black 'movember' shirt that looks like a led zep album cover, thats me.

Will definately answer to Wakkatoo!

Right 'O'

Shouldn't be too hard to find then Wakka

Also Kai is gonna be at the Little creatures sight for that day so i plan on trying to catchup their

Shall we say start of the session at little creatures. (any AHBers welcome)

Kleiny

Shall we say start of the session at little creatures. (any AHBers welcome)

Kleiny

I'm in just got the Ok from the minister of war and finance be there sat arvo, Be good to catch up again Franko for some mor impromptu yoda impressions mmm beer expo will be at yes mmmm.

P.s do you have to book your tickets or can you buy at the door ?

any reports on how the expo was yesterday? like the old beer awards festival at exhibition centre/buildings or something different?

i went yesterday arvo...had a really good night...plenty to try...some nice beers...prob not as good as the last fed square ( oct last year ) i went to where almost everyone seemed to have made a special release for the day...and there were not as many brewerys represented.. but i did try a cracking kriek and lambic...otherwise good night though...the night did finish with a nudie run by someone...think it might have been dean from buckleys !

Last night was pretty good and managed to sit in on most of the beer and food matching presentations. I'm suffering a little today so I may have to go have a nanna nap soon.

The only down side of the event was the almost complete lack of and choice of food to eat.

i went today and had an absolute cracker of a time. tasted a much as i could and asked many questions... the real stand out was a guys who came across from nz - they have some great beers!

cheers jimmy

i went today and had an absolute cracker of a time. tasted a much as i could and asked many questions... the real stand out was a guys who came across from nz - they have some great beers!

cheers jimmy

Which NZ brewer was that ? I met Carl Harrington...what a top guy...actually i was having a taste at the bar and then mentioned i'd been to Harrington's in Christchurch and how i was ipressed with their taste , range and price AND you could buy 2 litre plastic bottles that they fill with some of the 17 beers they brew...and he laughted and said " I'm Carl Harrington...what's your name" !
But Emmersons is fantastic beer...i also like mac's but sadly no white to try ( i think their best beer )

I tasted as much as i could too...i had a really good time... i then came home to some pizza and homebrew....
But was feeling crook all day yesterday before i wen with body ache and bubbly gutz t...i forgot how sick i felt till i got home ... had a piece of pizza and the gutz started churning again.....
I've spent today on the dunny with gastro.....at least i didn't have a hangover as well...i definately desreved it lol
At least that subscription to Beeer & Brewer mag last nite came with a few free mags ....dunny reading material !
Must tell SWMBO about the mag subscription and yet more $$ spent on "that hobby of yours"

....Big Carl...what a top bloke....only met him last nite at the goat...i'm sure we even hugged by the end of the nite...

yep, carl was a top bloke, his american Pale ale was to die for, couldn't stop comparing every beer back to this one all day... emersons was great, old 95 was really nice. epic was good to, again the pale ale was the pick. i though Mata was a bit take it or leave it.... its exciting top see so many new beers making it over here from nz.

did anyone else have the barleywine and hophog from feral - wow!

colonial was great with their kolsch, great match up with the oysters they had on offer... we smashed the oysters between me and my mates - yum! i loved the big bottle they had on offer, i brought one, couldn't resist... apparently you can fill them up at their pub (all 2 lts) for something like 20 bucks - nice.

the tasting master class with bill taylor was great, gave a really good insight into to what a brewer looks for when tasting beers. made me really think differently about tasting beer...

cheers jimmy

did anyone else have the barleywine and hophog from feral - wow!

Had the hop hog :icon_drool2:

I'm fairly certain it took gold at AIBA for IPA, but don't quote me on that. My beer soaked brain may have misinterpreted the scenario.. or even concocted it as i liked the beer so much :D

reVox

Im sorry i didn't really like feral hophog I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT

also redoak blackberry wit, redoak IPA, Harringtons from NZ and epic pale ale.

The beer in gneral was awesome and the session on beer and food by beer diva and ian were good. I got the most out of roger protz on knowing your style.

Scored some last session bonus's as well from keg king

Overall my wife and i had a good night out so :party:

great to catch up with wakkatoo while i was their (looking forward to a brew session in his new shed)

kleiny

man, was that a biiiig night!

good beers, friendly people. No food <_< which was little disppointing - I needed a bit more than a couple of spring rolls to soak up the very nice beer on offer.

Good to meet you kleiny, brew day is a definate

Latest posts

Back