Beechworth Brewery - Chestnut Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikem108

Reaction score
Tried Beechworth Brewery - Chestnut Lager on the way to the ANHC and although i heard the brewer was disappointed with the result it was a great beer which I really enjoyed, raced over to Bright Brewery to find it closed :angry: but could see through the window that they had a lambic on which made me double :angry: :angry: that I missed out

Ben Kraus is on the lit of speakers for ANHC... quizz him.

I cant wait to try the chestnut beer

Was at Bridge Road Brewery for their Oktoberfest and had a crack at most of their line up. Found the chestnut to be quite a good drop, only on for a limited time though. They have some great beers, love the chocolate porter.

Hazz

Reviving this thread from the dead. Article on this beer in today's The Age Epicure:

Chesnut Beer

Made adding 20% chesnut meal to the grainbill. And using rice gulls to ensure no stuck sparges.

Hmmm... nuts in a beer. Interesting idea!

Hopper.

Edit- link didn't work apologies - should now.

They've got a Chestnut Pilsener at the brewery at the moment, fairly different to the lager, deffinetly worth a try.

Had it on at Harts, smashed thru it!

Scotty

They've got a Chestnut Pilsener at the brewery at the moment, fairly different to the lager, deffinetly worth a try.

Good stuff, hope it is still on over the first w/e in June, will be up there for three days, looking forward to trying something innovative like that.

we only had 2 kegs ... but more Bridge Road will be coming!

Latest posts

Back