Bayou Classic SP40 22-Inch Double Jet Cooker

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crofty

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for a stronger burner and this popped up in my inbox - http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004SICDXC/ref=aw_d_dsc_lawn-garden

Does anyone have experience with this burner? I'm looking at upgrading to a 75/100l pot in the near future and my current burner is barely coping with the 50l pot I have now.

Any advice would be appreciated

Crofty

Last edited by a moderator:
Crofty, maybe your reg needs changing. I easily boiled 80L on my italian spiral with a medium reg. Do you have a low pressure reg?
Be a shame to shell out unnecessary $

edit, And when I say easily, I didnt have it anywhere near full on

Yeah, the general concensus is that Italian spirals are good for higher volumes
Make sure you're running a medium, high or adjustable pressure regulator, the low pressure ones just won't cut it

Will check out the reg. I assume you can pick up new ones from bunnings or the like?

My Bunnings didn't have anything except cheap low pressure regs.

Even BBQ Galore was the same.

Might be better up your way.

Make sure you're running a medium, high or adjustable pressure regulator, the low pressure ones just won't cut it

Just on this... How do I tell what regular I'm running?

Will it say Hi/Med/Low on it or is there a specific pressure rating written on then?

Apologies for all the questions, I'm not really clued up on this sort of stuff.

Thanks for the advice guys. Have gone with upgrading to the medium reg.

As I've had no problems with the burner and the service was great I'll grab it from beerbelly again.

Thanks again for the help.

New reg turned up yesterday and I'm brewing today. Man you're not wrong this thing is more than capable.... Reckon could probably boil 150l without an issue!... This is great as I need to upgrade at some stage this year.

Back