Bathurst

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Fluid

Beer Snob
Reaction score
I really wish I had one of these babies.

!

I am assuming we can't embed youtube videos in this forum so have had to post the link

Last edited by a moderator:
Bathurst a bit like it used to be with mixed class racing back in the day.

Minis slipstreaming GTHOs at 150 mph! :eek:

Mate, that's gold. Look at those old clunkers lurching around!
My old man owned a phase 1 and use to let me change gears from the passenger seat. It took both my scrawny kid arms to shove that notchy top loader around.

Here's some classic footage from a slightly more risky angle.
I've ridden for years and I cant believe a lumbering 1981 Honda on 1981 tyres could be punted so hard round a racetrack no wider than a typewriter ribbon and lined with brutal concrete walls. Giant kahunas..

Nice video.
The GT's probably got more horse power in its windscreen wipers than a lot of the other cars had at the back wheels!
Hows the air scoop torquing on acceleration.
I am sure I saw Mr Bean out corner him at one stage though.
And OMG, did I see a Renault 10

Mate, that's gold. Look at those old clunkers lurching around!
My old man owned a phase 1 and use to let me change gears from the passenger seat. It took both my scrawny kid arms to shove that notchy top loader around.

Here's some classic footage from a slightly more risky angle.
I've ridden for years and I cant believe a lumbering 1981 Honda on 1981 tyres could be punted so hard round a racetrack no wider than a typewriter ribbon and lined with brutal concrete walls. Giant kahunas..

I have been around Phillip Island but not Bathurst and not on a 1981 Honda. I love my bike :super: but I agree, those riders back then had to learn how to ride properly as there was virtually no technology to help their mistakes.

And out of the 350 GTHO's made, 750 are still on the road!

Back