Bathurst 1000 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already proved his style with the pit lane penalty. Go the Holden !

Mmmmm Bathurst... I'm not a fan of the sport but it IS a good excuse to sit in front of the TV, drink beer with mates and do nothing all day.

But, I can do that anyway and not watch Bathurst :)

Mmmmm Bathurst... I'm not a fan of the sport but it IS a good excuse to sit in front of the TV, drink beer with mates and do nothing all day.

But, I can do that anyway and not watch Bathurst :)

I need a reason to steal the remote from SWMBO...

But I keep telling myself "I'm the boss! I wear the pants!"

Lefty

What a brilliant sportsman Craig Lowndes is.

Always got a smile on his face whatever happens and very rarely badmouths other drivers.

What a brilliant sportsman Craig Lowndes is.

Always got a smile on his face whatever happens and very rarely badmouths other drivers.

+1

Dude is a freak...and it's usually funny how those who bag him only do so out of jealousy

Dosen't look like he's going to get anywhere today though...

Oh, I dunno.... Maybe because your supposed team mate was a control freak demanding you play second fiddle to him and you wanted to be true to yourself and sleep at at night rather than swallow a lump of political team bullshit?

Hmmm ..... Worked out well for him didn't it :p

Yep. He left with his dignity intact and won Bathurst three times, joined a progressive team and came second in a championship he was cheated out of. What did the revolving door of Skaife sidekick's achieve in that time? Except for maybe Tander winning a championship, but that was when the writing was on the wall for Skaife anyway and Walkinshaw started giving Tander all the good go faster bits, recognising that Skaife was on the outer...

I reckon Lowndes won't have too many regrets about his decision. It'll be even more of a laugh if he plays a part in three Bathurst and two championship wins in a Ford and then switches to Holden and whips them again.... :p

I believe that in this current competitive climate. Athletes don't have time to be loyal to one specific brand given the short time that a given sport offers good money for performance.

Compare to football players changing teams etc.

I reckon Lowndes won't have too many regrets about his decision. It'll be even more of a laugh if he plays a part in three Bathurst and two championship wins in a Ford and then switches to Holden and whips them again.... :p

Exacly, it's about the drivers abilities not the cars they drive. Any good driver will come to the top. (Given that both Ford and Holden are roughly equal).

So that's Holden, Holden, Holden, Holden.... did someone say parity ?
We'll welcome Lowndes back to the winners circle next year :D

Ha! Sure you will.... along with all the other rednecks that proclaimed he was dead to them when he was pushed away

Only got to watch the last 20 laps - what an awesome race. Go Murph - wish he'd got 3rd, the dude is a freak on 4 wheels.

Cheers - Mike

Latest posts

Back