Barossa Valley Beer ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crells

Reaction score
I being dragged off to barossa valley next week. I know I'm supposed to drink wine but does anyone know where you can get good beer nearby ?

kenny(gmk) is out there, pm him for the best places

Hi Crells

There are two brewers at the Hunter valley one is Blue Tongue and the other is Potters Brewery. Haven't been to Blue Tongue. Potters Ive been to a couple of times and they are fantastic. good range of beers that they brew on the premises. Luke one of the brewers and is a great guy and happy to show you around the brewery. The oktoberfest is great and so is their Wit. They have also got a great bistro for a feed. Drop in and say hello its a must. You can't drink wine all day!!!

:beer:

BS

Hi Crells

There are two brewers at the Hunter valley one is Blue Tongue and the other is Potters Brewery. Haven't been to Blue Tongue. Potters Ive been to a couple of times and they are fantastic. good range of beers that they brew on the premises. Luke one of the brewers and is a great guy and happy to show you around the brewery. The oktoberfest is great and so is their Wit. They have also got a great bistro for a feed. Drop in and say hello its a must. You can't drink wine all day!!!

:beer:

BS

Hunter's a fair way away from the Barossa...

But there are two breweries in the Barossa as well. The Barossa Brewing Co. who are based in Greenock and the Barossa Valley Brewing, based out of Chateau Yaldara.

The guys in Greenock are good, the other guys make a honey wheat beer, which some people may describe as novelty beer for chicks, but still worth the visit to check out the kit.

Then there is the Brew-Inn, always worth the visit.

Thanks guys, I'm sure I'll find some time to pop in for a few :beerbang:

yep - I agree Barossa Brewing Co - Daryl is Ba great bloke only to happy to have a chat.......look for the boiler ???? :ph34r:

Cheers
JSB

Let me know when you are around - there 6 good winneries with 4kms of my place in Lyndoch.

We can have a few beers while the girls go wine tasting. :beer:

One of me mates was telling yesterday that he had a bit of a session on the Baroosa Valley Honey Wheat Beer last weekend and said after the first 1/2 a dozen or so they start to get a bit sickly sweet, but it wasn't bad for a novelty beer though.

Will be in the Barossa for 4 - 6 weeks next Feb/March. Looking forward to trying out the local breweries, have done the wineries to death in the past so this will be a nice change, have asked Ken to find some things for me to do so I don't get bored (away from the brewery).

Back