Ballast Point Grunion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Judge

Reaction score
I've just tried this beer and can't stop thinking about it. Compleeeeeeeeeetely delicious.

I'm now fully interested in trying a clone. Anyone had this beer or have an idea of what the grain bill? Hops are allegedly Calypso and Mosaic, but not sure about the rest.

Thinking about a touch of caramunich and crystal?

Would probably go WLP001 or simply US-05.

Thoughts?

Ahh that's good. I saw this recipe but wasn't convinced of the MO. If it's from the horse's mouth then maybe that's a goer.

I just picked up a 6-pack of cans from Uncle Dan's the other day. I noted that the colour is fairly dark for a modern West Coast Pale Ale, almost the same as their Big Eye IPA. Given the recipe has only 250g of light crystal I think the MO is delivering a fair bit of the colour.

Maybe try a batch with MO and then one with Pale?

Slight OT but I am currently trying to lighten up my house Pale Ale a bit. I am now using nothing darker than Vienna (3.5 SRM). I still want some malty flavours but I want it super dry. My previous version have still been too full compared to the commercials I benchmark it with (usually 4 Pine Pale Ale and LCPA)

Latest posts

Back