Ball lock gas disconnect releasing gas when not connected

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slash22000

Stereotypical Lupulin Addict
Reaction score
G'day all,

Quick/simple: bought a white ball lock gas disconnect from Craftbrewer to replace an old cracked one, but it's pissing out gas even when it's not connected to a post. It's not a leak in the line, it's coming out of the actual disconnect itself, where it is supposed to come out of. Like it has a faulty "trigger" or something so it thinks it's connected when it isn't?

Is there anything I can do about this or am I fucked until I can find (yet another) gas connector? :unsure:

The o ring in there might be stuffed. You can unscrew the top to get access to it. They are the same size as poppet o rings if it needs replacement, if not maybe a little lube.

Get some soapy water in a spray bottle and spray in and around the d/c, this will show you the exact location of the leak, I had one i connected to the liquid line so it split the gas d/c plastic and was ruined. Another leaked from the regular port the gas came from, so I disassembled the d/c as per treefiddy's suggestion above, re-seated (and "lubricated" the tony o-ring inside with some water saliva) and it was good as gold!

just get it replaced...if its faulty it should be replaced free of charge!

Latest posts

Back