Bali Bombings Oct 05

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
In another act of cowardness, there have been more bombings in Bali last night.
I hope that everyone had headed the travel warnings issued earlier in the week.
Hope all AHB members and their families are safe.

Ninemsn news article here

Beers,
Doc

THe worst thing is, that each terrorist attack i hear about, I get the feeling that one on home soil is another step closer.

Nothing but piss weak. Can't even fight like men.

well there you go those muzzie need to be blown up them selves it is now going to far they are cowards hiding behind there blood thirsty religion .
they cant fight like men because there religion dosent let them partake in the consumption of alcahol.

dirty f**ks alright darren i agree.

a solution to J.I would be to let them make there own beer rather than bombs.

so australia should stop all aid there and only send them brew kits and give them b**tards something constructive to do .

isnt funney though Australia this week advertise that fact that they caught indoneesian fishing boats again poaching and arrested them inpounded there vessel and they made a big hoohah about it .then bang another attack on westerners in bali . australians again being killed .

what sould be done here is like what the british done in scotland in william wallace's day .Invite all of the muzzies and J.I TO A meeting to discuss this and promise them immunity and when they have all gathered ambush them and hang and burn the lot .

f**k them the more of this $*it they do the less i like any of them
THATS MY VEIW

TANKED

bottlerocket said:
how can people still go there?
[post="80657"][/post]​

I agree 100%

Stop giving these people who hate us our money , there's people flying out this morning :blink:

I know lots of loverly locals need our tourist dollars , but it's not worth getting blown up for.

Batz

It amazes me that people are so convinced of their self righteous convictions that their God takes so much pleasure in blowing themselves up and alot of so called infidels with them. If Allah hates us westerners so much and he's that powerful why doen't he just do the job himself?

Honestly how can you negotiate with people who value neither human life or beer?

There's been Indonesian citizens being blown up for years but no one down here gave a stuff until Bali, perhaps they'd be better off without our indifference ... and we'll find some other country to accept our "hard earned" tourist dollars ...

THe worst thing is, that each terrorist attack i hear about, I get the feeling that one on home soil is another step closer

Onya JWH

I'll take the above opinions with a grain of salt. I think most people in bali (a major tourist destination) would welcome aussies. Unfortunately life is not that simple. There are and always will be a few extremists, who resort to bombing and killing innocents. This applies to both "sides". The indonesian govt has a poor human rights record re east timor etc. If your faced with a military rule of law, no courts or appeals, then your options are perhaps restricted. However aust politicians have no problem with detaining peace activists that upset them or pushing their own agenda to keep themselves in power ie kids overboard. Having a pro-govt media mearly re-inforces the incumbant view. The world is not black & white, good or evil. If that were true, im sure CUB would have outlawed homebrewing.

Unfortunately the rate of progress is dictacted by the most stubborn, not the most agreeable or sensible. I think most aussies want to live in a democracy, yet in my view, the current govt is restricting aussies rights, not defending them. How many people have been killed by terrorists in aus ? How many die each year from cigarette cancer or car accidents ? Whatever you think about iraq or afghanistan, there are repercussions. I dont find either Liberal or Labour doing whats best for Australians, just themselves and their mates. I could go on, but this website is primarily about homebrewing.
regards

The war for independence in Banda Aceh has been going on for close on 30 years, and recently got a very little bit of attention in the news solely due to the boxing day tsunami. Unlike Timor, the region of Banda Aceh has no resources that our government is interested in. Had it not been for the natural gas in the Timor Straight the people of Timor would be fighting their own war for independence today. Cynical, I know... but probably true.

Onto terrorism... It's not new. It's been happening for a very long time. The only real difference these days is the fact that Aussies are now dying just as regularly as people of other nations always have been (lets not get started on how people in the Middle East get up the courage just to go outside). We have been VERY fortunate to have been as sheltered as we have been.

My real problem lies with the media and why they persist in calling these attacks "suicide bombings". The word suicide in that title implies that the bombers are somehow deserving of pity. Yet the horrid and cold blooded truth is that they mean to murder, maim and insite terror in their targets. It is not "suicide bombing" but "Homicide bombing".

The real question is, how do we fight this problem? Cold blooded murdering fanatics these terrorists may be, and deserving of being hunted down and shot like rabid animals, but they are civilians and military forces cannot target civilians. Unless of course we have hard evidence. Thats another problem... the head honchos are nigh on untouchable, while the underlings go out and blow themselves to tiny pieces. Which is why the situation in Iraq will not get any better in the near future, and why we (the supposed "good guys") seem to be making no headway in combatting this new way of making war. How do you ethically stop someone with absolutely no humanity?

Thank God I live in the best and safest country on Earth. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it's as close as we're going to get.

I need a beer...

better dont go to bali go to New Zealand and get cheap hops and drink some good beer and it is just a s close or closer to oz than bali and see a great country

when are these wankers going to realise that thier weakness makes us stronger,they are their own worst enemy. they claim that they will sit at allah,s right side with 50 virgins,ha! wake up you gutless dumb f@#kwits by now they are all busted arse retreads.

when are these wankers going to realise that thier weakness makes us stronger,they are their own worst enemy. they claim that they will sit at allah,s right side with 50 virgins,ha! wake up you gutless dumb f@#kwits by now they are all busted arse retreads.

Nice to see some reasoned debate ... praise be to the Great Spaghetti Monster
<_<

This is too close to my doorstep..... I wish a speedy recovery to those who survived.... and peace to those who have passed. Unfortunatley it seems that due to the amount of uncivilised !@#$ people out there this may not be the last time we have to deal with this.... sad times indeed. Lets all try to remain vigil.

spog said:
[post="80743"][/post]​
Oh please. Spare me. I usually try to avoid these kinds of threads but this kind of crap is really sad.

My condolences to anyone effected by these bombings. My hopes that we all don't indiscrimantely abuse innocent Indonesians because of the acts of fundamentalists.

I'm not pissed enough to start slagging anyone off, but I reckon in years (decades?) from now, those of us still alive will look back on all this and realise that the biggest mistake any terrorist made was killing civilians. Surely it must piss off the locals if they too are killed. History has shown that you never win by bombing people into submission...

Bombs don't discriminate. And my family is going to NZ for our holidays - stuff Asia, it's too bloody dangerous. I just hope that nobody near and dear was hurt - and for all those who were, you're in our thoughts.

TL

The Upside is

a HOMOcide bomber can only strike once!!,
the rest will wake up to the futility of their actions one day.

May the Lord make it one day soon!!!

Good words red beard !!

In the last 20 years Ive spent about 8 months traveling thru indo off and on, 4 of them in Sumatra which included a week in Banda Aceh, which is ruled as close to Islamic law as youll get in Indo.

Its a hard country and the Islamic religion can be a hard religion. But it is also a very enlightened religion. Ive sat in many buses at bus stations where a blind or disabled person has walked thru the bus and most people have given then some small change. Ive spent some time in India and seen real begging, but what I saw in Sumatra wasnt begging. From an Islamic perspective this person was not as fortunate as you and as such it is your duty to give them something. And in fact it is one of the pillars of the Islamic religion. Every day you give something to the less fortunate. It was amazing to see and meant that the less fortunate person kept their dignity. In most communities the mosque was the center of the village and involved everyone and was a very positive part of the community. Id also say without even one exception that everywhere I traveled I was accepted and treated extremely well, even though I was not a Muslim. And in fact in Banda Aceh Id say I met some of the nicest and most accepting people that I had ever met while traveling.

What you are seeing in Bali and elsewhere is not part of the Muslim religion. It is idiots killing people using the Muslim religion as some sort of justification. Dont get confused between the two and dont judge Islam or Muslims based on what you are seeing. In fact part of the planned response of these idiots is to split the world and incite some sort of holy war between Islam and others. Dont fall for this crap. 99.9% of Muslims reject these crimes as much as you.

Poor bloody Balinese people. I wish them well and I am sorry that I and others like me won't be going there to support them. If that's what J.I. wanted, then unfortunately, it's worked.

I hear Adelaide is nice this time of year..... :) and we have decent beer!

Back