Bags of "Beer Mix" from the "Beer Machine" - is there

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r055c0

Reaction score
I have just been given 5 bags of "The Beer Mix" (usually used in "The Beer Machine") by someone who had a go with the beer machine and thought it sucked balls so bad they threw the whole thing in the bin. He passed the bags on to me because he thought a real brewer* might be able to do something with them, so I thought I'd throw the question open to the AHB hoard, what should I do with them?

There are 2 Pilsners, 1 Bostonian Lager, 1 Dutch Lager and 1 Golden Lager. One can only assume the word Lager means something else to these guys given the 3 to 5 day fermenting period at room temp....

Everything I've read so far makes me think the best thing I could do with them is throw them at passers by from behind a bus stop in Dandenong but I thought it might be worth asking the question first.

* His words, not mine, although I'm adding it to my Linkedin profile now...

I got some from Target on clearance, they smell great when you open the bag,brewed a couple with lager yeast and kegged them. When it came time to drink them I had a taste then used them to water the lawn. The leftover bags went to a mate to make up a wash.
Don't waste your time.

You know it really pisses me off that this crap can even be sold and so many people get sucked in. It's no wonder when you say to someone here try one of my home brews that they roll their eyes and say no thanks.
Shit like this gives us home brewers a bad name.

Latest posts

Back