Back in the game

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exile

Reaction score
Just wanted to say howdy
Started brewing about 20 years ago, had a coopers kit it the laundry next to the kitty litter, tasted like crap but the neighbour loved it.
Left the game and I'm back in. :)
Since then iv'e been watching the TV series "Moonshiner's" and thought I should have another go at it, so I went off to the local home brew shop and bought a BREW Cellar starter kit.
Anyway iv'e just laid down a Morgan's Australian Bitter and in a couple months I will find out if the brew I had 20 years earlier was indeed a catastrophe :p

its a never ending story from here...

welcome to the party

Welcome back to the dark side . Temperature control in the fermentation stage is critical . For ales 18*C is best , for lagers around 10-12*C is best . As you have brewed before I am sure you are aware of this .

beer belly said:
Welcome back to the dark side . Temperature control in the fermentation stage is critical . For ales 18*C is best , for lagers around 10-12*C is best . As you have brewed before I am sure you are aware of this .
20 years ago people used to brew at 30 plus with a heat mat so your advice regarding different temps for different yeasts if the best anyone can give.
Cheers
Steve

Edit....my tip Exile is to put another brew down as soon as you've bottled the first. So you don't have an empty fermenter sitting doing nothing whilst your first one comes good....and then put another down...and then another....and then another so you have a constant cycle happening.

Welcome back mate, same story for me except it was the bottling that made me give it up....

When I returned I went straight keg... that way the disappointment is less as you haven't waited as long :)

Latest posts

Back