Australia's Biggest Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katherine

Reaction score
NOW OPEN TO EXTRACT AND PARTIALS.... PLEASE FOLLOW LINKS UNDER MY SIGNATURE.

The main aim of the day is for Aussie Craft Brewers to raise money for Charity by doing what you do best, making the best beer in world. But this is also an opportunity for you to give something back to our Australian community via three great national charities still in process. These charities are represented nationally and provide invaluable services to all of our communities.​
Craft brewing can be a bit of a solitary affair at times and is often a misunderstood hobby by those around us. In fact many people don't see our craft as a hobby at all, but merely as a means to make cheap inferior beer. We know that's not true. We know is there is so much more to it than just a cheap source of beer. So we would like those who participate in the day to invite family, friends and even the odd noobie to be part of the day. Show them what you do and how you do it. Be proud of your craft and introduce them to the real world of beer and brewing!​
As means to raise money and to add some fun get your family and friends to sponsor you on a per litre basis. Kind of read-a-thon style but your making delicious beer, for a good cause for once! (Not that personal consumption is a bad cause hey?).​
There will be a $300.00 gift voucher from your choice of AHB site sponsor for the biggest collection of sponsorship monies over the weekend. There will be a minimum $5 donation, which isn't bad considering you could win $300.00 of gear for a $5 investment.​
There will also be fame and eternal kudos for the following as well:​
  • Most litres produced
  • Biggest Grain Bill
  • Biggest Hop Bill
  • Largest OG
  • Biggest stuff up
  • Best Boil Over
  • Best pictures
Anyway make a day of it, have a BBQ and invite some non brewing mates over for a look see and a few cold brews. Most of all have fun and enjoy it! It's your day for your craft.​
Date: Friday 24th July starting at noon until Sunday 26th of July ending Midnight.​
Registration closes: 22nd July 2009​
Sponsorship: 5c - $1.00 a litre (you, friends and family) minimum $5 donation please. Please note that ALL monies raised will be split equally amongst the charities nominated.
Prize: $300 Gift Voucher for the most sponsorship raised and deposited.​
Brew as much as you can between those hours. Put litres on wiki page​
Bonus incentive: you get to keep the beer
Most of all have fun

Not sure if I should change the name of this THREAD or move it to EXTRACTS??

Oh extract & partial brewers now, that's very kind of you. For a minute I thought this was an elitist event.

lack of interest made you reconsider the conditions, huh ?

simpsons-fat-finger.png

Chappo in his AG Bru-Mu

Good onya for making it all methods.
The more the merrier!

Alright, you talked me into it...

Oh I am sure they twisted your arm Sully! <_<

Soooo how's the JS Hop Thief? Must make a nice change from red bottles of death? Oh hold on! That's right! You save them for your guests...

Chappo

Alright, you talked me into it...

?? I dont understand, I thought you were going to doctor the picture ?

Oh hand on
Ohhhhhhh, right, you did.
Its very subtle. I had to put my specs on to note the difference.

You people are all crazy. I love it.

So sign up now you bastards.

NB: the word '*******' is a legitimate term for illegitimate sperm and should in no way be inferred as a naughty word.

If I ever write another rhyme like that please shoot me in the face.

Latest posts

Back